X marks the hiding spot

I'm walking all across Manhattan, screaming at the top of my lungs, listening for her voice.

"ANNABETH! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I'm screaming out. I still can't hear her. It's been several hours. Can't Kronos at least give me a little hint?

And then I think about the hole in the ground.... I never looked there.

Before I even think about going, I need stuff to help me survive. It could take forever to find her, so I need supplies, in case of emergencies. I pack ambrosia, nectar, food, water, and, lucky for me, Riptide's back in my pocket.

Am I ready? I think to myself. Do I have everything?
My phone rings before I can check.

I can't answer it. Cell phones are bad for half-bloods. But then I see who the contact lists on the phone. It's Annabeth. I immediately press my phone to my ear. All I hear is cold laughing.

"Did you really think I would let her talk to you THAT easily? You fall for everything, puny hero." Kronos sounded delighted.

"Now listen, and listen carefully," I say angrily, "I know where you are at this very moment. I can and WILL kill you."

"Ah, so we can relate. I can and WILL kill her. That annoying little girl is killing my chances of crushing Olympus!"

"Don't you DARE call Annabeth a little girl!" I yell into the phone. "You're nothing but a foolish Titan who doesn't understand a THING about sanity!"

A long pause on the phone. In the background, I can hear frightened whimpering, and the voice sounds all too familiar. It's Annabeth's voice again.

After a while, Kronos finally says, "you know what, Percy Jackson? You have just angered me. The quest deadline is now in three days instead of seven! I hope you're happy."

"You can't do that!" I shout angrily.

"Oh, but I can. Now, where was I? Indeed." And then there's a noise as if the phone is being passed to someone else. The cold, steely voice from earlier has turned into a shaking, frightened girls' voice.

"P-p-p-" The voice stammers. Annabeth. She sounds scared to death.

"Annabeth?" I ask.

"P-p-p-p-" is all Annabeth can say. Either something real bad is going on, or she's freezing. I'm kind of hoping that it's the last one.

More noises, like the phone is being snatched back away.

"P-p-PERCY!" Annabeth shrieks, but Kronos already took the phone back. My insides twisted with fear towards Annabeth and hatred towards Kronos.

"Three days left, puny hero. Good luck. You're honestly going to need it."

More laughter, a high pitched scream, and stomping. Really, really loud stomping. Those are all I hear on the other side of the line.

STOMP. STOMP. STOMP. It's almost as if it's heading towards something.

Another shriek. And then the line goes dead.

I curse in Ancient Greek. No more of this! I think angrily to myself. I will kill Kronos for trying to kill Annabeth!

Now all I have to do is find her. In three days.

Great.
Just great.