Possessed (sort of)

My heart stops. Fear overwhelms me.

No... It can't be...

I stare in horror at the silver mist in Kronos's hand, actually stated to be Annabeth's soul. But... Why is it so nice-looking? I thought souls were all dark and scary. This could be because of the whole I'm-A-Demigod-Of-Athena thing, but I don't care the slightest bit right now.

I react by stealing the orb of gray, snatching it from Kronos's palm before he even has time to think.

"Wha-- GIVE THAT BACK, YOU IDIOTIC BOY!" Kronos yells, and tries to get it back. Unfortunately, his way of trying didn't help either me nor him. He pushes my hands upward, and the silver gas flies straight into my face.

It's not what I expect. It feels warm, almost comforting. The mist smells like lemons. It soaks into my skin, until there's nothing left.

"No!" I shout. She's really gone now. But... Where'd she go, really?

And that's when I hear the voice in the back of my head. The voice sounds shaken, and ragged, as if it's fatally wounded.

"Oh, boy," the voice says in my head, "I have no idea what the Hades just happened. Great, just great! And now Percy thinks I'm dead, and--

"Annabeth?!" I say in surprise. How is she talking to me?

"Percy! You can hear me?" Annabeth's voice squeaks, leaving me thinking that there's not much time left for her. My insides twist with anger. It's all HIS fault! If she dies...... I'll kill him in return.

"Annabeth, how are you talking to me?"

"I-I'm not sure." She responds. And then I figure out by myself. The soul soaking into my skin. Her voice in the back of my head. No more traces of the soul.

I have just been practically possessed by my girlfriend.