Heavily Gaurded

I can't run anymore. I'm becoming tired.

I have to.... I have to keep running...

What keeps me running is the horrible image that Kronos keeps showing me. He's trying to torture me by seeing it, just for laughs. The image shows Annabeth, laying on the ground on her side, heavily wounded. Her stormy gray eyes are wide open, cold. Dead eyes.

That can't be her.... I can still hear her.....

That image isn't real. It can't be. She's still screaming. Sobbing.

I'm still thinking when I slam into the side of something. Something furry. I look up to see a hellhound, looking directly at me, snarling. Great.

Luckily I have Riptide with me. I uncap it, turning it into a sword.

"NOT RIGHT NOW!" I scream at it, "I HAVE PLACES TO GO! PEOPLE TO SEE!"

The dog just leaps at me.

"Two can play at this game." I mutter, and stab it in the stomach. Ashes explode all around me. And more show up.
*********************************************
After what feels like forever, all the hellhounds are finally gone. Ashes scatter all around me. I'm exhausted. I fall over on the ground.

No. I have to get up. I don't have time for a break.

I rise to my feet, which are extremely tired from so much running. I have to. I have to keep moving. Otherwise she'll die, and I can't have that happen.

As soon as I look up, I realize that right in front of me..... is a wall.

"What the Hades?" I mutter to myself. Have I reached the end?

This can't be true!

---------------------

Hey guys! This isn't that good, but I'm trying. The suspense must be killing you