His new "trick"

As I start to attempt to strangle Kronos, he quickly shoves me aside. I hit the hard Earth, and it knocks a lot of wind out of me. Ouch. Annabeth shrieks.

"PERCY!" She screams. Her voice fills me with anger, mostly because this is all Kronos's doing. She's in pain. Danger. It's all his fault.

"Annabeth, it's okay!" I say to her, "Don't worry!"

"You little fool," Kronos laughs, "I think it's time for me to show you my newest power."

He then walks up to Annabeth, who starts straining against the web strings in fear. I can tell her mind is saying one thing; DI IMMORTALES! NO!

Kronos holds his hand out directly to Annabeth's face, sort of like a claw machine, but his hand is a foot from her. I don't understand. What's he doing?

"Kronos," I say, "Whatever you're about to do, stop."

He's not listening. The air around Annabeth starts to glow a strange silvery color. She gasps.

"N-no..." She stammers, "That's my....."

Kronos laughed evilly. "Yes, yes, I know."

His hand still extended like a claw machine, the silvery air starts to move towards him and form a little ball in his hand, almost as if the air was being extracted from Annabeth. As the ball of silver energy gets bigger, Annabeth becomes weaker.

"S-s-stop..." She squeaks, her voice barely a whisper. Kronos only laughed as the last of the air was extracted into his palm. Her eyes then drooped, and right before they closed, she mouthed one word, looking directly into my eyes. Help. And then her eyes closed and her head slumped downward.

"NO!" I scream, "ANNABETH, NO! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!"

A flurry of emotions. Pain. Fury. Sadness. Dead inside.

Kronos laughs and holds out his palm for me to see. What I'm looking at is an orb of silver gas, about the size of a basketball.

"What is it?!" I shout angrily at Kronos. "What did you do to her?!"

"This?" Kronos asks, pointing to the ball of silver air. He answers his own question by adding, "Why, this right here is your pretty little girlfriend's soul."