Nine

*Vic's POV*
I carefully opened the door and looked inside, things seemed to be intact. I quietly stepped in, thinking I could sneak up on whoever had Danielle when I heard a gun click behind me.

"Take one more step and I'll shoot your leg," he said.

I slowly turned around with my hands held up, "Kellin? What the fūck?!"

Yes, I suspected it but I refused to believe he would do such a thing, "Are you happy to see me?" He smiled.

"Kellin, put down the gun," I said cautiously.

"No!" He yelled.

"Okay, okay!" I quickly tried to change the subject, "W-What brings you here?"  I mentally smacked myself, I don't do well in tense situations.

"I came here to live happily with you," he giggled, "Why else, silly?"

I chuckled nervously, "I guess I can be pretty silly," I looked around, "Where's Danielle?"

His giggle came to a stop, "Why are you asking for her? You only need to talk about me!"

"Y-You left me a note!" I was going to take out the note from my back pocket but he pointed the gun at me again.

"I know I did," he said, "I said to meet me here but I didn't say I would tell you where she was."

I had to think fast, "L-Let her go, I'll stay here in exchange for her. I won't fight you, I won't argue, we can live here happily," I pleaded.

He put his finger on his chin, thinking, "Really?" His expression turned soft.

"Yes b-but you have to let Danielle go."

I watched as he went into some kind of trance as if listening to someone, making him change again, "Do you think I'm stupid? Of course I'm not letting her go, she'll come back to rescue you and I'm not letting her take you away from me."

I finally identified it, he had a multiple personality disorder.

"Can you at least show me where she is?" I pleaded, "Is she okay?"

A hint of sympathy gleamed in his eyes, "Turn around and put your hands behind your back," he ordered.

I did as told, he tied my arms and put tape over my mouth. He guided me downstairs into the basement with the gun pressed to my back. I saw Danielle laying unconscious, her ginger locks over her face.

I tried to run to her but Kellin had his grip on me, "Don't."

I felt so helpless, my screams were muffled by the tape. I hated Kellin but at the same time I knew I couldn't, he couldn't help himself.

"Let's go to bed," he said, "I'm tired, I'm sure you are too."

The change in his voice was drastic, he was sweet and friendly again. I looked back as he led me upstairs, Danielle lay completely still. I hoped that she was okay, I would do anything Kellin tells me to just so that I could go see her.

~
Kellin had tied my arms on the bedpost, he was cuddled next to me with his arms wrapped tightly around me. This would've been adorable if only he wasn't keeping me hostage with my girlfriend laying unconscious in the basement. I had to find a way to get out of here, then I remembered I had a switch blade in my drawer.

It took a lot of struggling, but I was able to reach it. I cut the rope and freed my arms, Kellin shuffled in the bed sheets and turned around, hugging a pillow. I tiptoed outside the room and went to the basement, her pale skin was freezing cold and I sat her up beside me.

I checked for a pulse and sighed in relief, she was alive. I took off my sweater and put it on her, I realized there was dried blood in the back of her head.

I lightly shook her, "Dani," I whispered, "Dani, wake up, please. We have to get out of here."

She weakly spoke, "Vic?"

"Yes, darling, it's me," I tried to make her stand up but she was too weak, she suffered an immense amount of blood loss, "I'm getting us out of here."

She cried but nodded, "Vic, I'm scared."

"Don't be, you're getting out here safe and sound, got it? I'm getting you out of here," I was determined as I carefully walked her up the stairs.

Once we reached upstairs, Kellin was calmly sitting on the chair with a shotgun.

"Vic, what are you doing?" He said, ever so sweetly

"Danielle needs medical help, I couldn't just leave her there," I said sternly, I had to be brave for Danielle's sake.

"So you're telling me... you left me sleeping alone to come look for her?" His voice started to sound menacing.

"N-No, I was going to go back and cuddle with you," I lied, hoping that Danielle didn't believe it.

He stood up and shakily pointed the gun towards us, "I love you, Vic. Why do you do this to me? I give you all my love yet you still go after her," his voice cracked.

"Kellin, let's not make decisions we'll regret," I tried to calm him, "Put down the gun."

Danielle was quietly shaking under my hold, sobbing, "K-Kellin, please," she spoke.

"Shut up!" He shouted, "You should be the last one talking!"

"She has no reason to be here!" I was desperate to get her out, "You're- You're crazy!"

The regretted it moment I said it, he flinched as if I had given him a huge slap in the face. He looked at us with pure hatred, he wiped off the tears that began to flow.

"I. Am. Not. Crazy."

He pulled the trigger, a loud bang echoed as his now fearful eyes met with mine.

"What... What have you done?" I said.

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
I ate a whole bunch of strawberries with Nutella and I do not regret a single thing. I'm pretty happy.