Alternative Ending

"Kellin Quinn, put the gun down," an officer barged in the room along with others.

"Don't listen to him," Danny began to soothe, "You were going to reunite with Vic and your mother, remember?"

"Kellin, listen to me... carefully put down the gun," a familiar voice said.

I looked around, confused, "V-Vic?"

I jumped as he appeared in front of me, "Put the gun down," he said, holding my hands and began to lower down the gun.

"Vic I-I'm so s-sorry, I didn't mean to d-do it-"

"Shh," he lightly cupped my cheek, "You promised me you wouldn't try do it again, I'm hoping you keep your promise."

I nodded, "I'm s-sorry, I will."

"You'll get better, I won't ever give up on you."

That was the last thing I heard before I was tackled by men in blue uniform.

~
Years Later
Today was the anniversary of Vic's death... a reminder of another year without him. I carefully put the bouquet of flowers on his grave as I cried. No matter how much time passed, the pain remained the same.

"Let it all out, Kells," Justin said.

It took me a long time to finally realize that Danny was just an illusion made up by my own mind. After another traumatic event that I caused, Vic became another one of my mind illusions but unlike Danny, he wanted me to do the best I could.

After a while, I no longer saw Danny and I realized that I would soon no longer see Vic. I tried talking to him as much as I could so that I wouldn't lose him, I didn't care if I stayed at the ward forever as long as I could see him.

But after several more treatments, I started seeing him less. I began to accept it as he told me that was what he wanted; to see me get better. In the end, he didn't give up on me and I was finally able to get out of the ward.

That was when I met Justin.

He accepted my past and was willing to become a part of my future. He was willing to risk his own life and sanity just to be with me. Now, here I am, free from the hospital and living the life I was supposed to live.

Just like Vic wanted me to. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
For some odd reason I like posting alternative endings. It's like an option for those who want "happy endings" or just didn't like how I ended the story (haha). But sometimes I think to myself I should make the alternative endings into new stories but I'm kinda lazy. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed my short story <3

Stay alive |-/