Please forgive each other.

Originally posted by Khloe Alwell on alexisdonkin.com blog, 3-4-16

Dear Humans,

If you want to move forward as a species, you've got to forgive. Each and every one of you has to forgive yourselves, and then one another.

That is it. That's the special formula. Forgiveness is one of the most powerful forces in reality.

It's easier for me to say because I'm sitting pretty behind the veil. We just prevented a huge, horrible war and I'm pretty it happened because of forgiveness.

When I say forgiveness, there are two pieces of it. The obvious one is forgiving someone else. Yes, you need to forgive someone who hurt you. That's one thing. In a bigger way, you can forgive a whole group of people for acting against another group (There are a lot of possible examples of this – Red group says something mean about Blue group. You a member of Blue, forgive all of Red.).

The other part is forgiving yourself.

This is just as important as forgiving others. Really.

I didn't realize I'd forgiven myself for doing what I did to Constantine and Freyr, but I did. I was stumbling around figuring things out about myself, the Otherworld, and what I wanted. Because I was still figuring things out, I made some mistakes. I needed their forgiveness, and I got it, but I don't know how much more I would have been able to do if I hadn't forgiven myself.

Forgiving yourself can be hard. I know Freyr and Naz both struggle with the things they've done. They hold the memories of these wrongs inside themselves and I can see their shame – their guilt. It's painful to see, but I understand where it comes from. I understand why. As more Otherworlders forgive, as we make more progress, I can see the shame and guilt lessen, but it will take time. It may take centuries.

I know. Humans don't have that kind of time. But go easy on yourselves – it doesn't have to happen today or even tomorrow.

In fact, if you want to keep punishing yourself, you don't have to forgive at all.

That is your choice.

That said, I really strongly recommend you forgive. I can't tell you how much this has done for our people.

Good luck. We'll be watching.

Khloe

***

Read more about Khloe Alwell and the Otherworld in the Khloe Alwell Series.