Chapter 10

Being at this festival just reminded me of Liam, of how rude I'd been to him at Glastonbury just so Jared and his idiot friends didn't jump to any conclusions. I needed to see him again, I needed to apologise and be with him again.

I hadn't seen Liam since our brief encounter at Glastonbury and then the shopping trip. They'd been touring again. Another trip to Japan and they'd been all over Europe. September when they were back home didn't come fast enough for me.

He invited me straight to Noel's place, not bothering with a date. The whole band were there when I got there.

"Did you enjoy your fifteen minutes of fame?" Noel smirked as soon as he saw me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lied.

"You missed your little magazine appearance then?"

"Oh yeah!" I pretended I just remembered. "That, I saw, along with everyone else I know."

"What did the husband think?"

"That Liam wants to be my client, have a tattoo done."

He scoffed. "He's an idiot, he deserves everything he gets if he'll believe that."

"It's called trust, you'll know if you ever find a girl that isn't just a fuck."

"Here we go." Bonehead committed before Noel started going on about some girl he used to go out with called Louise, his soulmate apparently.

"Noel!" Bonehead yelled to grab his attention. "She gets it, you don't approve."

"And you do?" Noel glanced at him.

"Nothing to do with me." he shrugged. "No one else but you is bothered."

Noel got up and walked away telling us he had to get changed.

"Don't mind him, he just don't like it when people don't fall into line."

"Is that what happened to Tony?"

"Something like that."

"How come you lot are safe?"

"He likes us and Bonehead's in charge of breaking up fights." Guigsy spoke up.

I hadn't realised he was listening, he was sat in the corner staring into space with a lit roll up between his fingers.

"Are there many fights?"

"You've seriously never seen them fight in an entire year?" he asked, surprised.

"No... They got quite hostile in that club, I guess but no fights."

Noel and the rest of the band kindly disappeared for a while for us. In the last year they'd become much, much more famous, if we did go out I'd be featured in every newspaper and magazine in the morning, worse than the first time.

I made sure to apologise for being a dick to him at the festival but he said he understood and brushed it off as nothing.

"Album's coming out, tour was brilliant, everything's fucking great, especially now you're here." he chatted while he tried to find a video tape for us to watch.

"I've always been here, it's you who keeps going." I pointed out.

"Now we're together then."

He held up a video. "Nightmare on Elm Street? You like that, right?"

"Yeah, which one?"

Which one was very, very important when it came to Nightmare on Elm Street and I loved the series enough to claim superiority.