Chapter 29

Now the band were safely in America for the next few months I gave up on my pride, my rock attitude and started taking the twins to baby classes. It actually turned out to be fun, they really enjoyed it and I found I could talk to the other Mums.

Meg on the other hand was either at work, out clubbing or dealing with a hangover so I didn't see her much other than for her to complain Noel as if Liam was any different.

Jarad rang and told me he saw Noel had left the tour, the news reported he'd completely cancelled it and was heading home.

"Are you sure?" That just didn't sound like Noel.

Liam had told me about past Noel tantrums but he'd just fucked off somewhere else for a while not cancelled a massive stretch of tour.

"I saw the footage of him coming through the airport myself on the news."

"What about the others, Liam?"

"Didn't say, it was just Noel."

"But he is coming home? To Supernova Heights?"

"Think so."

"Jarad! "Think so" really isn't helpful. I need to know what's going on."

If only Liam had gotten around to getting him involved with tour promotion or whatever he was talking about, then he'd know exactly what was going on instead he was a useless plummer.

"I told you everything I know! Ring his girlfriend, he'll have talked to her, won't he?"

I sighed. "Sorry, I'm just worried they've had a fight or something."

"He didn't look like he'd taken a punch so probably not. Liam's coming back. I wouldn't have told you if I thought you'd freak out."

"I am not freaking out."

"Whatever, I've got to go." he hung up.

I decided to go straight to Supernova Heights with the twins in tow, luckily Meg was there or I'd be stood out with the impressive crowd of paparazzi. They snapped pictures and shouted questions eager to find out the truth as I passed but I just got inside as quick as I could, they knew more than I did.

Meg hadn't heard anything from Noel for days so we waited.

We heard the front door slam against the wall. "Piss off, I'm not telling you nowt!" The door slammed again.

Meg jogged to him and I followed behind her. "Noel!"

"You two can go home annal. I'm gonna bed." He went straight upstairs without another word to either of us.

"He seriously couldn't have talked for two minutes?" I asked.

"He's always like this when he get's back from America, it's even worse when it's Japan." she said, unfazed.

Hours later we heard him moving around, he went to the kitchen, straight to the kettle. We sat quiet, waiting for him to walk through to us.

"Thought I told y'tgo." he muttered as he sat down. "Not answering the inquisition from anyone."

"Just tell me Liam's okay, you've not fought him, have you?"

"Nobody ever gives a shit how I am." he complained. "Yeah, we had a scuffle but he's fine, he can handle himself."

"When's he coming home?"

"How the fuck would I know?!" he said with full on hostility. "Soon, probably, they've got no reason to stay now, have they?" He started sipping his tea.