Chapter 48

I continued to go to the doctor's appointments and met up with Stacy from up north a lot, more than I thought I would when we met. I was still doing it all in secret so it was good to have someone to discuss it all with especially since she understood it all.

It was hard though too because her donor's sample worked while I was still waiting for a positive result. Her appointments were all about the progression of the baby while mine were figuring out why it was taking so long. I was happy for her and her family but it was difficult seeing her developing while we were going nowhere.

Despite all the frustration that was bringing for me, I was in a really good place with Liam. He still sometimes mentioned that reporter Trent (or whatever his name was) even though I hadn't seen or heard from him since he interviewed us. In turn I wondered if he'd cheated again and he was still accusing me out of his own guilt. I didn't ask because I didn't want us in a fight. I was just going to take whatever he had to say to keep us happy. I knew he didn't actually think I'd cheated, I'd never cheat on him, there was too much to lose. I loved him too much.

Oasis were still going, somehow they hadn't split. They started recording yet another album, I started to wonder if nothing would stop Noel from propelling Oasis forward, even after the apparent flop of Be Here Now which anyone else would take to mean the world was sick of them.

I had no problem when they'd chosen to base their work in London studios, even at home (for Noel) in Supernova Heights which was obviously so convenient for us all.

They started in April and the twins turned three at the end of May. It was hard to plan them a party when some of the biggest men in Poppy and Quinn's lives were so focused on their work. We managed to do it though. Meg turned into a birthday planner, running around trying to organise everything mostly on her own since she had a vision for how the party should be. I was grateful for her help but it was almost as though it was forgotten that Liam and I were the parents. She was trying to get Noel to celebrate his birthday too since that was a few days later. I tried to get her to take it easy but she didn't want to slow down.

Everyone got together for once, my mum, dad, step dad and brothers as well as some others on my side and Liam's mum and his brothers on his side. Peggy wished we'd held it in Manchester or even Ireland so more of their family could attend but I was fine with just having the people the twins really knew. The rest of the bands and some of our friends came too - we didn't have that many friends suitable for a party for toddlers. The twins had a lot of fun and the adults got through it without any disagreements.

The twins' birthday also meant that it was almost three years since me and Liam got together. Our anniversaries were odd since we were just hooking up for a while until I got pregnant and we didn't see each other until nearly a year later and then we slowly started again. Plus we had two wedding anniversaries, one in April and again in June.

...

Noel was in the studio, working all the time, even his second wedding anniversary was a work day. He was far too determined to rectify whatever went wrong with Be Here Now, I thought he was missing the point but I couldn't tell him that. Meg managed to convince him to stay out of the studio for a little alone time.

When they were there together one day they had big news to share. It was why I was at the session with them, so I could hear it with everyone else. Otherwise me and Meg (especially me) stayed away like we weren't allowed to be involved.

"Hey guys." Meg tried to grab everyone's attention. "Hey!"

No one paid her any attention, it was like her and Noel hadn't walked in at all. It wasn't that they were being ignorant, just that they were having their own conversations and she wasn't that loud compared to the noise they were making.