Chapter 18

I went over to see Meg on the 1st of May. Her insecurity over her relationship with Noel had quickly passed, I put it down to their apparent shared love of coke. I didn't know the band were back home until Liam came walking into the kitchen where we were sat talking.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" He stopped dead in his tracks. "NOEL!"

He marched straight back out, he shouted Noel again, going off to demand an explanation or have me kicked out.

"Charming." Meg smiled. "He was in such a good mood earlier as well."

"Sorry, that's just the effect I have on him these days." I shrugged. "There's only a few weeks left, he might never have to see me again after that."

"We'll still be friends though?"

I'd assumed we were only temporary, once I was a mother I definitely wasn't going to be her type of person and I thought they all wanted rid of me. "Sure."

"Are you scared? I just can't imagine pushing a baby out of there." She mimed pushing down something the size of an impressive watermelon. "And you've got to do it twice."

"Not really I just think millions have done it before me and animals do it all the time with no fuss so I'll be fine." I shrugged.

Alan and Guigsy walked in and went straight to the fridge.

"So you're why Liam's got his knickers in a twist." Guigsy noted.

"Guilty."

"Are you sure you're not expecting an elephant?" he rudely commented on my appearance.

I was too used to people saying things like that to be bothered by it anymore. "The last scan just showed two babies still."

"Two?" he raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Congratulations on the double."

I was just as surprised that he didn't know. "Did they not show you the scan?

Alan passed him a can. "When they being born?"

"In the next few weeks. It's up to them not me."

"What if one wants out and the other doesn't?" Guigsy asked.

"I thought twins were born by cesarian." Alan said as we ignored Guigsy's pondering.

"Not if everything goes to plan. Oh, you can tell Noel..."

"He can tell Noel what?" Noel interrupted, stood at the door.

"They're not going to share your birthday so don't worry, if I'm not in labour by the 25th I'll be induced and they'll be born whether they like it or not."

"What?" Meg asked in disbelief.

"Ego here warned me not to have them on his birthday..."

"No I never! I just said I'd prefer it." he said failing to hide his guilty smirk.

"Where's Liam then? What did he tell you?"

"To "tell her to get the fuck out our house", he can shut it and grow up." he shrugged. "Plenty of room in my house for the both of you, even with the size of you."

"You didn't need to call me fat."

"We'll get out your hair. Just keep your distance from Our Kid, yeah?" he said before he, Guigsy and Alan left.

Now he'd told me not to I wanted nothing more than to go and see Liam, attempt to talk to him one last time.

"You're not listening to a word, are you?" she realised.