Chapter 44

Liam was packing for his tour and I couldn't help getting involved especially since he'd left it to the last minute and I'd avoided nagging him about getting it done. There weren't any arguments after the bust up after the album release party, we were in a good place.

"Have you packed a coat?"

"It's Scandinavia, course I fucking have."

"Oh yeah, I forgot you have your parka on in August."

"I was gonna suggest you come with us but I'm not gonna now."

"It's a bit late to get a ticket now."

"It's never too late."

"What would you want me to come for anyway?"

"Cos I love you, cos you'd like Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen, cos you like our set list and you wanna be around us rockstars."

"I'm not sure I'm ready to tour with you but I am going to be waiting for you to come to Earl's Court. Three days in a row, it's going to be so good."

"You better be there now you've promised."

"I'm going to go full groupie so you better go on tour, behave yourself and get back to do those gigs."

We said our byes at the house so the kids didn't get upset in the middle of the airport. I preferred it that way too. That way I didn't have to think too much about him going off on tour.

It wasn't just those three countries. They had two weeks of touring in England and Scotland before they had their three nights in London.

I didn't really want to work too much while he was gone because I didn't want the twins to have both their parents gone most of the time. They loved their grandparents and their uncles and all of their family but sometimes I felt that I leant too much on them so I could work or do things with Liam.

Two weeks was a long, long time. Every day was so long. I was just waiting for Liam to come home. Wondering what he was doing, who he was with.

I refused to be suspicious of him. I refused to. We'd let go of it. I couldn't keep holding onto it or it'd tear me apart every single time he toured.

Meg took me clothes shopping while Mum had the twins. She didn't want the kids to come along with us, this was an entirely adult shopping trip. She never usually minded being around the twins but I guess she was avoiding a lot of potential for tantrums and things that would take time away from the shopping. She knew I needed some major distracting because of Liam being away.

I wasn't the keenist of shoppers but I let her drag me along to all of her favourite shops, knowing we weren't going to actually my style. It was still interesting, seeing into her world, driven by the latest popular fashions.

While she was looking for her size of a pair of jeans she liked I looked around and spotted Enzo. I had to do a double take not believing my eyes but it was him with some long haired, pretty brunette. He was already carrying bags from other shops, probably all for his new high maintenance girl.

"We've got to go." I told her, urgently wanting to get out of there.

"Yeah, one of these are my size, give me a minute."

"No, now, please." I begged. "Another shop will have them or we can buy them another time."

"What? Why?" She frowned at me.

"My ex is approaching." I told her in a hushed voice.

He hadn't spotted me, he was too busy hanging of of her every word or at least it looked that way and they were heading straight for us.