Chapter Forty

Once again, Lucy was in the hospital, and once again, she hated it. In London, she managed to stay out of the hospital for the last three years. Now, in the past two weeks, she had been in three. Only once she went there voluntarily. The police officers insisted she went, but at least she didn't have to go in an ambulance; the police officers took her there instead. On the way, Lucy had called Sydney, notifying her of the situation. Sydney would have to drive Harry up to Saint Paul to get the car so Harry could go the hospital. Sydney was happy to help, like always.

It was a slow night in the emergency room as she was checked in. Lights shined into her eyes. Her pulse was taken and her blood pressure. Other tests were run on her. She even went for a x-ray, and she had two cracked ribs. Besides some bruises and scratches, she would heal fine.

Police officers came in and talked to her. Lucy didn't exactly have a lot of answers. After giving her name, the officers exchanged a look and already knew where this was going. As she told the story, the officers wrote down details. In the end, it would most likely be solved by tomorrow afternoon. Since there were security cameras in the area, his face was all over footage, and then they found the gun at the scene. If it was registered, the name would automatically come up. Assuming the person had done this before, undoubtedly, there would be a plea bargain for them. Lucy wouldn't have to be dragged into Court again.

After the questions, the police officers excused themselves. Cards were handed out in case anymore information was remembered. The door closed behind them, and it was quiet in the bright white room for a minute. Lucy let her eyes close, feeling how tired she had become. Harry came into the room quietly, yet her eyes snapped open.

"Hello," he whispered.

"Hey."

Harry dropped down on the chair beside her, taking her hand in his. He was cold upon having just come in from outside. His fingers were ice, a nice feeling to the warmth inside the massive hospital. "Luce, I have a question: is it possible for you to stay out of the hospital?"

They laughed together.

"No, I don't think so."

Bringing her hand up to his lips, he kissed it. His warm breath made Lucy shiver. "Is anything going to leave a scar?"

"It's not like we could tell," she said. "I have so many."

"And they're all beautiful." Harry's blue eyes gleamed. "You couldn't let him just take your purse, though?" he mocked, and she laughed. Harry laughed but continued, "Like, really? What do you have in there? What are you hiding?"

Lucy sighed with no answer to be given. "Harry, I have to tell you something."

"You're hungry, I know," he responded, "and I'm not allowed to bring food in here. But I was thinking, we would go to a restaurant on the way back to the house, if you're up to it. I saw this good diner, and I Googled it. Apparently, they have some of the best chocolate cake in the whole state."

Glancing down, her hands connected with his fully. "As much as I would love to do that, I think we should talk about this now."

Harry faced her fully. "Spill."

"The doctor's office called, the gynecologist, and it turns out the test results came back."

He was completely still now. Perhaps it was fear of what words she was about to say. He dreaded this moment.

"There's nothing wrong," Lucy continued, a smile spreading across her face. "There is nothing wrong. I am good to go. I can have children. There shouldn't be a problem. I--"

Harry slammed his lips into her, hopping out of his chair fully. Lucy couldn't breathe but she didn't fight it. Harry kept kissing her. There was an urgency now. He showed her love this way. He didn't want to let go. His arms curled around her body, and once he finished kissing her, he just stayed like that. His body shook from happiness. Harry blinked tears of joy out of his eyes.

"I should calm down," he commented.

"Yeah," she agreed. "It's not like we're having a kid right now."

"Yeah."

"We're not having a kid for a while."

"Yeah." He paused. "How long is a while?"

"Harry," she scolded.

"Sorry." Prince Charming sat down in the chair again, still holding her hands. "I love you."

"I love you too." Lucy glanced to the right and left. "Now, get me out of here. I don't like hospitals, and I'm fine. Get me out of here."

"I'll see what I can do." Harry planted a kiss on her cheek and then left the room again. Lucy rested in silence.

Lucy did get sprung from the hospital, after a doctor was found. Without any real heal problems, she was free to go. All she needed to do was wear a brace on her knee for the next six weeks. She was able to do that. A few forms were filled out by Lucy, signing away that she was leaving the hospital.

After getting back to the house, Harry helped Lucy inside. Paparazzi waited outside but saw nothing. Lights clicked on in the house, which then illuminated the dark street. Pain racked Lucy's body and she desperately wanted sleep. Harry grabbed cereal and milk, and they sat at the dinner table and ate.

Harry reached across the table and took her hand in his hand again. He wanted to know, always, he would be there for her. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He wanted the bad times and the good times. He wanted her when she was crying and screaming, when she sad and mad, when she was laughing and dancing. He wanted everything with her.

Both of them finished eating, and Harry led Lucy to clear area within the kitchen. Spontaneously, his arms wrapped around her body, pulling her close. He only left her for a second to turn on music, which filled the house. Slowly, he rocked back and forth. She rocked back and forth with him. It was true that Harry had never been much of a dancer, but she was. Even if she couldn't move, she was the most beautiful dancer there was.