f o u r :: infinity and beyond

It'd been one year. One year of the space boy and the poetry boy.

One year of little notes falling out of lockers, of stolen kisses and entwined fingers.

I walked into school, the air smelling of flowers.

I opened my locker and of course, a note cascaded gently to the ground.

'From: Baekhyun
To: Space boy'

And although he left them almost every morning, I still loved picking up those little letters, feeling the worn paper in my hands.

Those little pieces of paper, although imperfect; sometimes smudged with ink and torn, were perfect.

They were little pieces of him. Little pieces of 'ironic' art work. Beautiful things on ugly canvasses. That's how he explained it to me, as we laid in my bed one night, our hearts beating quickly.

This one note read a little poem, just like all the others. I'd expect nothing less from my beautiful poetry boy.

We walk on broken glass, like its bright crystals.

It was one sentence, but I fell in love with those words just like I fell in love with the boy who wrote them.

There was a little note at the bottom of the page, his handwriting neat but messy at the same time. It was art, just like him.

Chanyeol, happy one year! Meet me on the rooftop, space boy, I have a surprise for you. With love, - poetry boy.

I walked to the rooftop like always, although there was something different in the air.

The world felt like it was moving a little slower, like it was giving me more time to be with my beloved poetry boy; a little more time to look at the stars in his eyes.

I opened the concrete door, which Baekhyun had also found a way to make poetic.

"An ugly entrance to a beautiful place. A hideous outline for a human euphoria."

His words a few months earlier when we walked up together, I remember laughing down at him- my voice filled with admiration.

"You sure are something, Baekhyun. My poetry boy."

He was sitting on the concrete, looking at the clouds.

I sat next to him, and he smiled up at me.

He laced his fingers with mine, moving to place a small flower behind my ear, one that'd been sitting next to him.

"You know, I believe there is an infinity beneath those petals- Yeol."

"Of course you do, Baek." I smiled.

"We're going to find an infinity together, space boy. Just you wait."

And damn did I love those words. Damn did I love how he existed in those fleeting moments, staring at the sky and holding my hand.

"I love you."

The words slipped from my mouth with ease, and he turned to me.

I felt nervous, but he just leaned in and kissed me.

"I love you too. Together we'll find our own infinity and beyond."