t e n :: among the stars

The poetry boy danced among the stars, and the space boy watched in amazement.

Life never went too quickly when we were together, the world was gentle without being boring and strong without being over bearing.

My poetry boy made everything beautiful, from concrete doors that were too heavy to the poems he scrawled for me on napkins and outdated newspapers.

He could make anything have meaning, from the alarm that woke us up to go to school, or the time I smudged the wrong color paint all over one of my pieces I'd been working on for days.

He could make anything beautiful, anything perfect.

Even the little letter we'd received from the hospital addressed to Mr. Byun Baekhyun.

Its contents telling us he might die of cancer, my poetry boy.

I screamed to the stars, but he just wrapped his arms around my waist.

He just whispered into my ear, breathed in my scent.

Told me he'd been fine, and that I would be too.

He moved like art as those pretty words fell from his prettier lips.

"You know- everything has an ending. Maybe this is just mine, space boy. But I can promise you, no good poem ends easily. I'll fight, Yeol. I promise you; we're going to get married, adopt kids, I promise. I love you."

I pressed a kiss to his lips, and he kissed me back.

My hands coming to rest at the small of his back as he told me that he loved me.

He told me the doctors had predicted in when you were a kid, but he just pushed it to the side and ran quickly in search of the sun.

My poetry boy, he danced among the stars.