t w e l v e :: time is useless in space

Time no longer mattered, for he and I.

Even when the doctors told us the days were numbered, he stood his ground- looking into my eyes.

Somehow the stars twinkled brighter in his rust colored orbs, even in the presence of news that made me want to curl up and die.

He still wrote me poems, even as he slowly withered away on the outside.

His soul was so bright, and vast and never ending.

Remember, space boy. To those who dance on the edge there is no such thing as oblivion.

How you spoke to me in your final months, everything was a metaphor; everything had a story.

Loving him was so easy, effortless.

Tears never fell, because what's the point of crying?

There's no tears in space, Chanyeol.

Words you spoke through giggles as you went through another session of chemo that was just trying to elongate our set of numbered days.

But you see, the space boy and the poetry boy had already made an infinity of their own.

So those dates and numbers scattered across calendars and medical bills, they didn't really matter.

Time is useless in space, Yeol.

Because he was my poetry boy, and he lived like a poem.

I was his space boy, but I stopped looking at the stars when I finally realized that the most beautiful ones were those that twinkled in his eyes.

I stopped staring into the vastness of the galaxy when I realized the only galaxy I would ever need was the one that made of Baekhyun's soul.

My poetry boy, my love.