t h i r t e e n :: supernova

Byun Baekhyun was a living,breathing poem.

Every move he made was somehow more beautiful than the last, every kiss he gave me somehow made me feel okay.

He died like a poem, too.

I can't say I wasn't sad, because what do you do when your flame is extinguished?

He smiled up at me from the white sheets of his hospital bed, grasping my hand as he pulled me closer.

"Space boy, just be quiet and listen for a moment. Please, I love you."

I nodded, waiting for him to continue with words that would no doubt make me feel like I was on top of the world- just holding him as he died.

"I was always looking for somewhere to run. Somewhere to turn things into beauty, somewhere to paint with colors I liked the most. And I came to a stop in an uninteresting location, and it was there that the most beautiful thing existed. You. Chanyeol, you are made of stars. You were all the space I ever needed, everything I could ever want. Thank you, thank you times a million. Thank you for holding me as I die, in these very moments. Thank you for reading the silly poems I wrote for you, thank you for laughing at me when I fuck up making coffee and steal the covers at night. Thank you for existing, my space boy. Thank you for helping me to create this infinity of our own, and thank you for helping me make a universe that we liked best. I love you, Chanyeol. You'll always be my space boy, and I'll be your poetry boy."

And it seemed like the best thing I could was smile, and reply how I always did; not as beautiful as him.

"Baekhyun, you will always be my poetry boy. The stars will shine in your eyes, forever."

He smiled in the strangest way, a little tug at the side of his mouth; he closed his eyes and rested his head on my chest, tracing patterns on my arms.

He breathed a little shallower, as if exhaling all the poems he'd ever written for me.

And then he was gone.

My poetry boy faded away, like the ink smudged at the bottom of all those pieces of notebook paper.

A supernova in miniature.

But damn, was he beautiful.

My poetry boy.

And even though he was over, his soul still flew free; maybe ever freer than before.

And I loved the way he existed in his final moments the most;

A supernova.

A star that explodes, bright but then over.

It was ironic, and how Baekhyun loved irony.

Because even though he was gone, he shined just as brightly as before.

I tossed dirt on his grave, with a little note on crumpled paper; his favorite canvas.

"The stars still look prettiest shining in your eyes. The sun still shines brighter with you standing next to me. You are my poetry boy, I'll be your space boy. Together we form an infinity of our liking- one that has forevers beneath rose petals and one where gravity doesn't exist. I love you, poetry boy. -space boy."

The poem isn't over yet, the one that he carried with him; deep in the depths of the galaxy in his soul.

Because he was art; a masterpiece just for me.

And the space boy loved the poetry boy, and he loved him back.

He loved him in bad coffee and stolen covers, in torn notebook paper and outdated newspapers.

He lived like a poem, he breathed like a poem.

A poem just for me.

He found the Galaxy that I carried with me, and I found the flowing words in his soul.

I'll be your poetry boy, and you'll be my space boy.

Together forever, just you and I.

Together we'll form an infinity of our own.

I remember the final poem, no different from any of the others. Scrawled down on a torn piece of paper from a hospital notepad.

'From: Baekhyun
To: Space boy'

I found my sun in a clumsy boy who's too tall and too funny. I found meaning as he held me in my hospital bed, no tears falling from his happy eyes. I found happiness from the galaxy in his soul. Thank you, space boy. My love. My only. - poetry boy