f i v e :: a new universe

The poetry boy and the space boy made a universe of their own.

On the day that marked our one and a half year anniversary, we took the stars for ourselves.

I remember the gentle words that fell from his lips as we laid together in my bed, long legs tangled among white bed sheets, slender fingers tracing patterns on bare chests of milky skin.

"For you, I'd paint a new universe in all your favorite colors. I'll try to be more than just a poetry boy, Chanyeol."

I pressed a kiss to his forehead, my words not as beautiful as his.

"There's no need for that, Baek. You've already given me the universe inside of yourself, and nothing is better than that."

The way he smiled and hummed into my chest, the way his body radiated warmth as I held him in my arms.

Words tumbled from my careless lips into the cool night air, trying to express my love for him in letters which is so very hard to do. Because he was art, poetry.

"Please never leave me, Baek. Because the stars don't look as pretty if they're not shining in your eyes. And the sun doesn't look as bright if you're not right next to me. I'm your space boy, and you're my poetry boy. Together we form an infinity."

He smiled and pressed lazy kisses to my neck.

"Damn, Park. I'm supposed to be the poetry boy and now I'm at a loss for words."

But somehow even that was the most beautiful sentence I'd ever heard.