Chapter 4

"Haley." I heard my dad call out. I froze.

"What do you want...!?"

"Ooh! Is someone angry?" He teased.

"I'm beyond angry."

"How come?"

"You know perfectly well why!" I yelled, my neck hurt so badly.... He chuckled.

"How come you're still alive? I thought your little boyfriend killed you." I clenched my fists. He noticed this and chuckled. "I see someone's getting frustrated."

"Crona's been exiled because of you!" I shouted.

"Well that's good."

"How is that good?!?!"

"I can't let my little Haley be happy. You're just worthless trash."

I didn't respond. What was I supposed to say? 'Yeah, you're right dad. I am worthless.' It's true. I am. I don't deserve to be here. I don't deserve to live.

"Well what are you waiting for then?! Cut me already!" I shouted.

"Awww," he pouted, "that's no fun. It's fun to watch you struggle. It's fun to hear you scream." I bit back tears. "So until next time." He chuckled and vanished.

I dropped down. Right there. I couldn't go any further. I just couldn't. He was right about the whole worthless thing. I should have died instead of my mom.

I got the strength to pull myself up and drag myself back to the apartment. I held my neck as I walked. Damn, it was killing me. I sighed and wiped the newly forming tears in my eyes.

I eventually made it back to the apartment. I open the door, and walked directly to the spare room Maka gave me.

"Hey Hal-" Maka's sentence was cut off by me slamming my door.

"That was uncool..." I heard Soul mumble.

"Give her a break Soul." Maka shot back.

The bed that was in the room, was in the corner, which was a good thing. I sat in the corner of the bed where the walls met. I hugged my knees and just sat there. I didn't cry. I don't know if I even have enough tears to shed. I shut my eyes and wished this all didn't happen.

"Haley, you can't just curl into a ball and wish it all away..." The Soul Binder told.

"Shut up will ya?!" I yelled at it, not opening my eyes. I don't have to.

"Haley, I know what you're going through. I'm in your mind, I'm in your soul. Remember?"

"Yeah I know."

"So calm down."

I sighed. The Soul Binder was right. I needed to calm down. Maybe I should take a nap...but what if I had another nightmare? Crona wasn't there to run to. Maybe I shouldn't...I don't know. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Haley...?" It was Maka "Do you want dinner?"

"N-no." I said, though, I really should I was pretty skinny. I rarely got to eat before I moved in with Maka and Soul. I would never get the chance to, I was too busy hiding from my dad.

"You sure?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Alright." She walked out if the room, closing the door behind her. I sighed and buried my face in my knees. Maybe I should go to sleep...

I closed my eyes and dozed off. I dreamed, but it wasn't a happy dream, it was a nightmare.

"Haley..."

Shit.