Chapter 5

"Haley..."

I was six again, cowering in the corner. My dad stood right in front of me, his hand the blade if a sword. I sobbed.

"Daddy?!"

"Shut up, you worthless piece of trash."

My mom ran in, a look of horror on her face.

"Martin! What the hell are you doing?!" She yelled.

"Stay out of it Mary."

"M-Mommy..?!" My voice trembled. My dad's blade came down, only to hit my Mom's neck, instead of my arm.

"See what you made me do?!" My father yelled at me as my mom fell to the floor. Terror washed over my face, as tears rolled down my cheeks. I didn't dare say a word. He grabbed my wrist as sliced it. The first few cuts he ever gave me. He grinned and I screamed, tears flowing down my face.

"D-Daddy?!"

"Shut up!" He walked out of the room and I ran out of the apartment. That was the first time I slept in an alley. And I never knew is he ate my Mom's soul or not.

I sat up crying. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. I couldn't get the energy to. I sat there and sobbed. I brought my arms up to me; so they were in between my legs and my chest. I sobbed, remembering the first time j got cut by my dad. I still have them too...they aren't scars, they're still fresh-looking cuts.

Maka must hae heard me crying because there was a knock at the door.

"Haley!?"

I didn't speak. What would happen? What would happen if I spoke? Maka came in anyways.

Maka walked in and gasp slightly at the sight of me. Se went over to me and pulled me out of the corner and into a hug. I waned to go back in the corner. I didn't want anyone to know I existed. I didn't want anyone to touch me. But some part of me wanted to let Maka hug and and just cry on her shoulder. So I just sat there and cried.

After a few, Soul came in.

"What the hell is going on here?" He asked.

"I don't exactly know." Maka mouthed. Soul just stood there. Maka released me from the hug and looked at me. "What is going on Haley?" I shook my head. I didn't feel like explaining.

"N-nightmares..." I mumbled. Maka nodded. She gave me one last hug before walking out of the room with Soul.

I sniffed and hugged myself. Oh how I wish I had Crona. He was always there to soothe the nightmares. He was always there to protect me.

I dragged myself out of the bed and over to the window. I peered out. It was still night. The moon laughed as it usually did. I sighed. I grabbed the book on the Soul Binder and read. I had nothing else to do.

It was about six in the morning when Maka came back in.

"Want breakfast?" She asked me. I shook my head. "You'll have to eat sometime..." She sighed as she left.

I walked outside of the apartment. I didn't want to go to the Academy today. Not at all. I was still furious with Lord Death.

Maybe I could skip...

Maybe I could skip and look for Crona...