Chapter 2

DST2: ch 2

    Sitting in English watching a movie the substitute put on for the class to watch is boring. Everyone but me is on their phones, and the sub is just oblivious to it all. The phone in the classroom rings, and the sub takes his time to answer it. When he picks up he greets whoever is on the other line.

    He looks around the room until his eyes land on me. I internally groan knowing it is for me to meet Jason. The sub hangs up the phone, and motions for me to come over. I grab my stuff before walking up to him as he is sitting at the desk. "You have to go to the office."He says handing me a pass to go. I nod my head taking the pass and walking out. I walk down the vacant halls making my way to Principal Brown's office. I walk in seeing him standing there in front of his desk. He smiles at me, and naturally I smile back.

    "Have a seat." He says gesturing to the chairs in front of his desk. I take a seat in the one on the right dropping my backpack next to it. "Jason should be here soon. I just called him down." He says taking a seat in his chair behind the desk.

    There is a loud knock on the door before it opens. Jason stands there, he's six one which is a lot taller than me. He is lean, but you can easily tell he is muscular. He is wearing dark jeans matched with a black v-neck tee shirt, which is snug against his toned chest. His dirty blond hair is just long enough for him to run his fingers through. His pale blue eyes zero in on me, and I gulp looking away, to Principal Brown, blushing like crazy.

    Principal Brown clears his throat as the door slams shut. I feel Jason's presence grow closer as he takes the seat next to me. I ignore him focusing on our Principal in front of us. "Jason." Principal Brown greets.

    "Roger." Jason responds without any emotion evident in his voice.

    "Jason." Our Principal says tiredly in a somewhat warning tone. He turns his attention to me and smiles. "Lyndesy, thank you for coming down. Jason needs a math tutor, and you are the top girl on the school board." Principal Brown says. I nod my head as he glances to Jason. "Do you agree with my choice in a tutor?" He asks. Jason looks at him before glancing to me as I look at him. I look away, but I can see him smirking from the corner of my eye.

    "Yeah." He says, still with no emotion.

    "Good, it's settled then. I have to step out quick, so feel free to discuss times for you two to start." Principal Brown says standing up. He walks out before any of us can say anything. The door shuts forcing me to turn to face Jason. He looks at me smirking.

    "When do you have free time, or a free period?" I ask getting straight to the point.

    "Let's see... I have fourth period free." His voice sounds utterly bored.

    "So do I. After school I'm free until swim starts. Then it will just have to be during school." I say. He nods his head looking to the ground.

    "I'll let you know when I'm available after school. I get kinda busy." He says, crossing his arms over his chest.

    "Okay." I quietly say. He looks at me smirking once again.

    "Do I scare you?" He asks seeming amused.

    "No." I answer trying to sound confident. He chuckles leaning closer to me.

    "But I make you nervous." Amusement soaking his words. I roll my eyes at him, which I seem to be doing a lot. "You can't hide that."

    "I never said I was nervous." I deny. He chuckles humorlessly shaking his head.

    "Say what you want." I roll my eyes, again, at him as the door opens letting Principal Brown come back inside the room. We both turn to look at him as he enters his office.