Chapter 20

DST 2: ch 20

    I walk through the school halls with Gizmo by my side. She has been coming to school with me for three weeks just in case something happens. I stop at my locker needing to switch out my books. It's been hard living with Drake and my brother since the incident, but I keep my guard up. I won't let anyone touch me in anyway, which I can see is running Drake thin.

    "Kitten, are you all set for the meet tonight?" I turn to see Drake, who tries to keep his distance. I know he knows I need it, which is nice. At the same time I don't like being like glass.

    "Yup. It's the senior one. I'm ready to be done and get back to fighting more." He raises an eyebrow at that not fully liking it.

    "I guess that's one way to look at it. Is Cam coming? I know the guys will be there." I shrug my shoulders.

    "Cam said he should be coming, but we'll see. All I know is they better let Gizmo on the pool deck."

    "I'll make sure they do." Drake promises. I give him a small smile before I turn to my locker to slam it shut.

    "Time for lunch." I sigh. Drake chuckles moving aside to let me lead the way.

    "Are you okay kitten?" He asks cautiously. I tense up at his question, and I can feel my face sink slightly.

    "I'm fine." I state practiced, but I hope he can't see that. He looks me over for what seems like forever before the bell rings. I hurry the rest of the way into the cafeteria, and I know he is right behind me. He sighs taking longer strides to move to stand next to me.

"Kitten, don't lie to me." He tries. I stop dead in my tracks making Gizmo stop, and look back at me.

"Drake if there was something I wanted to say I'd say it." I tell him annoyance coming out in my voice.

"Kitten I'm not trying to make you angry." He says standing in front of me now. He cups my face in his hands, which instantly makes me tense up. He notices making him take a step back dropping his hands as if my skin was fire.

"I'm sorry." I whisper before walking around him to go to the cafeteria. I walk in walking the familiar path to our table. The guys are all sitting there, well besides Blake. He is still in the hospital with Bianca and their son. Things are looking only slightly better for little Travis.

I take a seat, and they all glance to me quick. Kasey sits down her eyes on me, and I just ignore her as I look down. I hear her sigh before she looks to Jason. I feel Drake come and sit beside me, just as Gizmo lays down behind my seat. "So, any news on Travis?" Tony asks hesitant.

"My Dad says its looking a little better than he was a few days ago. His fever is down." Jason states. I glance up to see him looking down to the table, and Kasey leaning into his side. I look back down as I take out my food, and I can hear them all starting to talk among themselves.

"Hey Lynds, bathroom?" Kasey asks. I look up to her and just nod my head. I stand up when she does, and we walk out the cafe towards the bathroom. Gizmo is by my side, which gains some stares. Most are used to her being here by now, but I know they still all wonder why. As soon as we step into that hall coach is standing there.

"Really?" I ask looking to Kasey. She looks guilty, but just nods her head anyway.

"I asked her Lyndsey. I'm worried. Since when we talked you seemed to have shut down." Coach says. I look to him hearing the door open as two girls walk into the bathroom.

"I told you to forget it."

"Lynds, he can't it's kinda his job. He really has to tell someone." Kasey tries to tell me. I shake my head not wanting to. I feel tears sting my eyes, but I won't let them fall. I'm done being weak.