Epilogue

DST 2: ch 32

    I watch Drake put the scones out on the cutting board. His muscles seem to tense more before they relax. I look down at my swollen pregnant belly smiling. I feel them move and kick making me rub small circles around the area. Any day now these two girls should be here, which is a little nerve racking. Drake comes over placing his hands over mine making me smile up at him.

"I'm going to go run with the dogs." Drake says giving me a quick kiss. I smile before frowning as he leaves me. He brings me two scones before he bites his lip lost in thought.

"What?" I ask squeezing my legs together hopefully without gaining his attention. That freaking lip bite is sending my hormones crazy.

"Are you sure you'll be fine here eating by yourself?" He asks looking into my eyes. His green eyes are bright with worry swimming in them. I roll my eyes before standing up, which I tried to make it look like no help is needed.

"I'm a big girl Drake, I can eat on my own." He rolls his eyes before grinning at me. I hear Gizmo whine as she comes towards us more. I laugh looking to see Gunner by my the door waiting.

"Guess I should go then." He sighs starting to the door. I smile as Gizmo follows him waiting to go.

"Don't be gone too long." I tell him. Drake sends a smirk my way making me bite my lip. He groans as he puts his shoe on.

"Well, now I'll be back sooner." He puts his other shoe on before clipping the leashes on the dogs. "Remember if you need me call or text." He reminds me. I roll my eyes before nodding my head.

"Of course. Now, go my love. The dogs are waiting." Drake chuckles before he opens the door and leaves. I sigh before I happily eat my scones. I play some game on my phone to pass the time knowing Drake likes to take long runs. I groan not being able to pass a level, so I switch to YouTube. I watch two videos before there is a knock on the door.

The knock on the door makes me raise an eyebrow. The guys normally just come in, and Drake has his keys. I send Drake a quick text saying door. I get up and quietly make it to the door. I look through the peephole, Drake made sure we had. My eyes widen seeing Alan.

I text Drake again, this time just a D. He reasons immediately that he's coming back. "Open that damn door!" He demands banging on it. I gulp taking a step back my heart racing in my chest.

"I know you're fucking in there Lyndsey!" He screams. I take a deep breath, and before my brain processes my actions I'm unlocking and opening the door. He storms past me anger rolling off of him, and I don't bother to shut the door.

I take a deep breath before turning around to face him. He is fuming his face red, his eyes scan me over before zeroing in on my pregnant belly. His eyes then snap to mine. I gulp looking into his dark slits that make up his eyes right now.

"So this is why you haven't been fighting?" He spits. I cross my arms over my chest remembering who I am. I stand tall my eyes narrowing on him.

"Why thank you, we are excited." I say ignoring his rudeness. Alan takes a step towards me showing he is not intimidated by me. I step towards him keeping my voice and actions calm.

"Don't forget Alan, I am the one who was fighting. I am the one who won the fights. Not you. You have no fight in you." He smirks at me shaking his head as he lets out a chuckle.

"I was the one who brought you into the life, so I think I'm the one who has more of a bite here."

"Funny, you got sent to the hospital the only fight you were put in. Guess I'm the one who is more bite than bark."