Chapter 21

DST 2: ch 21

I walk out of the club feeling oddly good for once. My shoulders are no longer tense, and my mind is clear. I wipe the books from my lip as I limp towards my car. My left arm is killing along with my right leg from the beating I took, but it was nothing The Devil's Assassin couldn't handle. The men wanted to teach me a lesson from Chris, and they did what they did. I just was the better on coming on top.

Clearing my head was just what I needed. I needed to beat those men to feel better. To get through the pain and hurt of what just happened to me yesterday. I don't think I could ever tell anyone, and I don't know what it will do to me now. I shouldn't have come tonight still feeling like shit earlier, but I forced myself to come. To clear my thoughts.

    As I get in my car my hands freeze on my keys as I see someone in my back mirror. I get out of my car realizing who it is and swearing at him for the scare. "What the fuck?"

    "Drake wanted me to check on you." He says his hands in his pockets as he walks towards me. I raise an eyebrow at him crossing my arms over my chest. Wincing as I move my left one.

    "Really?"

    "Lyndsey, we are all worried. You seem to have be getting distant with all of us." I sigh looking to the ground.

    "Come with me," I know there is no point in hiding it anymore. Especially since one of the men said they were coming for round two. "I have to tell you something." I whisper looking into his eyes.

    My eyes sting with tears which makes Mason alarmed. We get in the car and as soon as the doors are closed he looks to me. "What's going on Lynds?"

    "What I am about to say you can't repeat to anyone. I'm not sure how to tell anyone else." I look to him. After carefully telling him what he needs to agree to. He looks hesitant before nodding in agreement.

    "Okay, I promise. You're not pregnant are you?" I feel tears leave my eyes at my words. I haven't told anyone this not even Kasey. "Lyndsey?"

    "No." I shake my head back and forth. "I had a miscarriage." I whisper as I cry. I watch his eyes widen as he processes my words. "Just yesterday."

    "How do you know that's it?"

    "I went to the doctors that same day before they closed, and they told me." My voice is just a whisper as tears still fall. Mason wraps his arms around me in a caring hug, but I tense up anyway. I make myself stay crying into his chest finally able to feel the loss.

    "L-"

    "If only I knew, then my baby could still be here. It was after a fight during the day... I did this." I sob.

    "Shh don't think like that." Mason rubs my tense back trying to comfort me. "Drake should know though." I shake my head looking up to Mason.

    "What if it wasn't his?" His eyebrows furrow as he tries to study me.

    "What do you mean?"

    "I was raped by Chris and his buddies." His whole body tenses as his eyes darken looking away from me. He gets out of the car, and slams the door shut. I hurry through my door to try and stop Mason. He has his phone to his ear, and starts talking. My heart races as I freeze in my spot. Anger then courses through me at myself for saying anything.

    I drop to the ground knowing there is nothing I can do. The pain I felt before from the fight is gone now, but the pain do the events in the last replace it. I feel Mason's eyes on me, but my eyes never leave the pavement. I don't know how long I stay there before Drake's car races into the parking lot, and stops screeching.