Chapter 30

DST 2: ch 30

I walk into the store needing to get out of the house, and needing to get some chocolate chips. Gizmo and Gunner walk on each side of me with their vests on. People stare hard, but I just keep my head up standing tall. My chest still aches a little, but it's not as bad. I wear one of Drake's sweatshirts to hide my little baby bump.

I still haven't seen or talked to Drake since I've been out. Cam kept me on house lock down until just yesterday. Drake didn't even let me in his house with his brother. Jason had to tell me though, so I've kept Gunner from him.

"Miss?" I stop walking and turn my head to the right to see a male employee around my age.

    "Yes?" I ask trying to sound pleasant.

     "Usually it's one service dog, why two?" He asks eyeing the dogs suspiciously.

    "One is for me and the other is for my protection, and companionship for the other." I say looking to each dog before back to him. "Is there a problem?" I ask cocking my head to the side.

"No miss, I was just asking." He gets out nervously.

"Well in that case, have a good day." I smile at him before walking to what I need. I head towards the aisle where the chocolate chips are. That's the one thing I don't have to make scones, and I've been craving scones. I grab a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips before walking to the check out.

    I go to the self check out and wait for this person to finish up. I grow tense feeling someone watching me. Gunner senses it along with Gizmo. They both look around trying to find the threat.

"Lynds," I sigh hearing Kasey's voice. I turn around giving her a smile. She looks me over leaving Jason's side. "What's wrong hun?"

"N-"

"Don't say nothing." She says sternly. I shake my head a smile twitching my lips.

"It's Drake. I haven't heard from him in a little. Ever since we found out it's twins."

"You're pregnant!" She whisper shouts. My eyes widen.

"I didn't tell you?" I smack my head realizing there wasn't time before everything happened. "Shit, I meant to tell you. Things just happened."

"I know Jason told me that. He left the baby let out though." She says shooting him a look. He looks away innocently making me roll my eyes.

"But yeah, I am."

"And you said twins." She grins. I smile nodding my head. Then she frowns. "So what crawled up Drake's ass?" I shrug making us look to Jason.

"Don't look at me." He puts his hands up in surrender. "I'm not in his head. The closest to him right now is Blake. I mean Drake and I are close, but right now there is only room for Blake." He says.

"Great. So when can I talk to him?" I ask.

    "Oh um." Jason looks to Kasey for help making her roll her eyes at him.

    "Just go up to him at his house and demand to speak to him." She says. I raise an eyebrow at her. "I'd do it if this one acted like that." She defends her idea.

    "Okay," I smile. I look to Jason, who seems hesitant. "Is he at the house?"

    "Yes. He was having fun with a few of the prisoners." I nod my head before giving Kasey the bag of chocolate chips, and walking out.  I hurry to my car with the dogs still on each side.  They get in the back and I get in the front before taking off.