Chapter 10

The moment Sulli stepped in the campus, she already sensed stares. She loathed the attention.

"Sulli-ah!" Suddenly, a familiar cheery voice filled her ears and a smile was drawn to her face.

She's back.

"Ji Eun!!!" She could not help but to feel giddy too as she let herself get enveloped by her friend's embrace.

"How have you been for the past week? I bet you missed me!" Ji Eun giggled and Sulli could only shrug.

"However, there's a rumor roaming around the school.." Her friend said it slowly and carefully.

Sulli blinked and kept her mouth into a thin line.

"It couldn't be... It's impossible, right?" Ji Eun laughed and she even pinched Sulli's side, trying to get a reaction from her.

Sulli sighed and put her arms on the latter's shoulders. It was as if she was ready to console her friend. This might be a shock for her.

"Ji Eun-ah, it is complicated but the rumor... It is sort of real, you know.." Sulli immediated clamped her mouth after saying these words and avoided her friend's incredulous stare.

"It can't be! You're not the type to associate yourself with that kind of person... and he is not just any person! It's Luhan we are talking about here!" Her voice suddenly became so loud that Sulli had to cover her mouth with her palm.

"Shh, tone it down.. You know me so well Ji Eun-ah. It's a bit hard to explain and I'm not even allowed to say it-"

"Yah, tell me. I'm your best friend Sulli-ah! Secrets are not allowed for the both of us; we solemnly swore about that a decade ago!" She had an angry look and Sulli could just swallow her excuses forming inside her head.

Ji Eun seems to notice the stares of others too so she glared at them and dragged Sulli to a secluded place.

"Yah, I was only gone for a week yet you are involved in such! Are you crazy? Do you have a crush on him? Were you caught in your delusions?"

She kept on rambling for some possible causes and Sulli just heaved a heavy sigh, waiting for her to finish.

"I'm running out of saliva enumerating stuff and you're just so unresponsive. Shame on you!" Ji Eun had her arms crossed.

"Calm yourself first, please. I feel like you'd just interrupt me when I explain because you wouldn't believe me anyway.." Sulli scratched the back of her neck, a bit problematic about her friend's actions.

"What's with you... I should be the one who feels devastated! I'm only one call away and..." Ji Eun tsked and looked at Sulli like she was some kind of... a refugee?

"Honestly, your level of shockness can't be compared to mine yesterday," Sulli made a face and that's when Ji Eun raised her brow.

"Oh.. So it was just yesterday..." She nodded her head..

Ji Eun looked around and couldn't see any other students anymore.

"Sulli-ah, I'm sorry but... We're actually late.." She nervously laughed before reaching for her friend's arm yet again and running with her.

"Why, Eun Ji-ah!!" Sulli whined but kept up with her pace, nonetheless.

"We have recess later, you explain me about this," Ji Eun demanded and Sulli helplessly nodded.