Intro

It was cold. It was dark. And I was walking home.

"Stupid car needing an oil change, now I'm going to die." I mutter to myself under my breath. Just five more minutes Cath, your almost home.

I walk quicker when I hear footsteps behind me but I don't turn around. Fuck, fuck, fuck, did this person seriously have to walk where I am? Now I'm more anxious than before. I see my building come to view and I casually turn around to see who was behind me, but the person was gone. I was officially freaked out. I run up my building stairs and unlock my door.

"Liv?" I call out to my roommate. I found her in the kitchen making hot chocolate.

"Hey Cati, what took you so long?" She says nonchalantly while dropping marshmallows into her cup. I stare at her for a while before she raises her eyebrows and opens her mouth "I TOTALLY FORGOT CATH I AM SO SORRY." She says running over to me and passing me her freshly made hot chocolate as a peace offering. I grab the cup and take a sip, warming my insides. 

"I can't believe you forgot me, I had to walk and risk being kidnapped so thank you very much."

"Why didn't you call me?" She says pouting. "Because my phone is dead." I say taking out of my pocket and putting it on the counter.

"I am so sorry Cath, I'll buy you chicken wings tomorrow, I promise." At the name of chicken wings my mouth starts to water.

"You better, what's for dinner?" I say my stomach grumbling. Liv looks around and grabs froot loops from a cabinet and pours me a bowl. "Bon appetite!" She exclaims and walks out of the kitchen. I shrug and eat, froot loops are great.

When I finish my gourmet meal I head to my room to see that my window was open. I shiver and shut it looking if anyone was lurking on the fire escape. After seeing nothing but a stray cat I lower my blinds and head into the bath.

***
I flip open my laptop as a paper flies out of it onto the floor. I furrow my eyebrows and crawl under my bed to grab the note. I unfold the note and read two threatening words,

times up.

What? Is this some type of joke? I ponder for a minute before realizing it's probably a note from Jack telling me times up and I have to give him back all the books I've borrowed from him. I pick up my phone texting him a picture of the note,

"Ur so funny."
"What is that?"
"Ik u wrote it to tell me to return ur books."
"Kat, I've been at my grandmas this whole day, that's not my note."
"Oh."

If it wasn't Jack, who was it?

I shiver walking towards my window separating the blinds with my fingers. I look out to see a figure two stories below, looking right up at me. A gasp lodges in throat as I run back onto my bed, tripping over a pile of clothes. I scramble to the note, reading it once again. But this time I notice ink on the back with the same handwriting.

"Tell your daddy, goodbye."