2

I awoke to the receptionist fanning me with a gym booklet. "Oh thank gosh, you woke up Miss Caffrey, I was afraid I'd have to call 911." I get up and rub my forehead groan in the process, "How long was I out for?"

"About five minutes, I heard the crash from outside and rushed in to see what happened."

I nod and start to slowly get up using the wall for support. My head landed on my gym bag so it wasn't banged up too bad.

"I'll be fine, thank you for the help." I say dismissing the receptionist. I quickly shower and hop into my black Audi q7 and drive to my dads house to talk to him about what the fuck he meant by the mafia.

"Dad?" I call out into the mansion as I open the front door. I walk into his office, which was a mistake. In his office were two buff men in suits who looked like they could tear me into pieces if they wanted.

"Cathenna!? What are you doing here!" He asks in a stern voice. He scurries over, pushing me out of the office into the hallway and up to my old room. I look at the lavender walls and grey comforter with love. Everything about this room was perfect, including the Taylor Laughtner posters by my bed.

"Dad who are those people?" I scrunch my eyebrows trying to find a place for the buff guys with piercings.

"The Mafia." He says in a low voice, I choke on air, "EXCUSE ME?"

"Shhh, Cat, I'll explain everything to you, just stay out of sight until they're gone."

I nod my head and let him leave.

A hour later my dad opens my bedroom door and sits down next to me on my bed. He looks at me, opens his mouth, shuts it and then looks away. He does this a few more times before I get irritated, "Well?"

He clears his throat and looks anywhere but at me, "They want to talk to you."

Oh hell to the no no no. I was not going to talk to those scary ass lookin guys.

"Dad, what the fuck have you gotten me into." I say in a menacing voice. The Mafia were not people to fuck around with but my dad has no sense and now I'm fucked. I couldn't hide nor run because they were The Mafia and would find me in no time and end me. Or maybe I've watched one too many movies.

"The boss is here and he wants to talk to you Cat, you need to go, just stay calm." I put my head into my hands and shook it. My mom was related to a Mafia family and she tried to cut ties with them when I was born but that didn't go too well and she had to go into hiding. Now I have no idea where she is or if she's even alive. Staying calm wasn't even an option.

I sigh and slowly get off my bed and down the stairs. The two men from earlier were standing on either side of the French doors that led to my dad's office. One of the guards opened the door for me and I walked in. Sitting on my dad's sofa was a guy in his mid-twenties that looked like an Italian god. Luscious black hair was styled on top of his head and a stubble grew along his jaw. He looked up making direct eye contact with his grey hazel eyes. He smirks making a gesture with his hand telling me to sit down on the armchair in front of him.

"Glad to see you could make it Miss Caffrey." The man spoke in a smooth voice. I nod as I sat down on the arm chair in front of him. "I'm assuming your dad has filled you in on everything?" He says while leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees.

"You assumed wrong." I say narrowing my eyes at him while crossing my arms across my chest. He stares at me and suddenly I feel really self conscious as his eyes pierce into mine. I probably looked horrible right now and I just wanted to get out of this room.

"Guess we'll start from the beginning." He takes a sip of his whisky before continuing,"I'm sure you know about your moms relation to the Mafia." He states but looks at me to confirm. I give a curt nod, "Well when that happened your mom went into hiding, or at least that's what everyone assumes." What the fuck did that mean? No duh she went into hiding, where else did she go? To the Caribbean to live with pirates?

I open my mouth to interrupt but he cuts me off starting with his story again. "Well when your mom left, the Ovest Mafia went after you, wanting you to grow up with them and join the business but your dad wanted to protect you so he payed them off to leave you alone." I digest this information with a gulp.

"After he payed them off he had little to no money left, and taking care of the hotels was becoming expensive so he turned to us. He took loans from us that he was not able to pay back and at this point he's got no where to go." Why was I just hearing about this now? I could've helped, not spent as much and worked a lot more and tried harder for scholarships and took a student loan.

"He's got no where to go, except for me. And how am I to be of any help?" I say raising a brow. Seriously what help was I going to be.

He shrugs, "We'll see, now go pack your bags." I widen my eyes and start choking on my own spit, "What do you mean go pack your bags? I'm not going to just up and leave my life." I stand up getting angrier by the second.

The man who I might just start calling pazzo, stood up calmly and walked towards the door, "You've got no choice, I'll be waiting in the living room." And he leaves the room.