3

I have dreams, a vision of what I want to be, the person I want to be, things I need. But for most of my life, I knew that one way or I'd end up with the Mafia, whether that be the one my mom was connected to or the one in my home at the moment.

I head back to my room to start packing. I wasn't going to argue with the leader of the a mafia, dying was not in my schedule today.

I pull a suitcase out of my closet. I still had most of my clothes here even though I lived with Liv. Guess I'd have to text her and tell her I was gone on vacation, even though I knew it was going to be far from that. I've lived with the fear of being captured by the mafia one day my whole life, afraid they were going to rip me out of my house and turn my life upside down. Guess that day was today.

I pack two suitcases of clothes and necessities. I sigh sitting down on my bed when I finish packing. I didn't want to leave, my house, my job, my friends, my life but it was all necessary to keep my family and I safe. I bring my knees up to my chest setting face on them, do not cry, do not cry, do not cry. I repeated that in my mind a dozen times but a tear managed to escape.

I had a million questions racing through my mind. Was I ever going to be able to come back to my life? See my friends and family again? Have freedom again? What was I going to do for the mafia?

I wipe the last of the tears away. I was not going to stop fighting, I was not going to give up, I would be strong. A knock at the door pulled me out of my trance. I sniffle and stand to open the door. My father walks in with a guilty and solemn look on his face. The truth was I wasn't mad at my dad at all, everything he did was to protect me but alas, the mafia was just in my fate. "Hey sweetie, can we talk?" I nod and let him into my room. "Listen I am so sorry honey, I know you will never forgive me but please just know I am truly sorry for the place your in right now and I will do everything in my power to get you out if it." I don't say anything because if I did the waterworks would start, so instead I nod my head vigorously and hold onto my dad like it was the last time I would see him.

"I love you Dad, no matter what I know that you did all of this for me, to protect me and I just want you to know I am not mad at you." But I was mad at other people, specifically the person who pushed me out of her vagina. I haven't heard from her in over ten years but still am suffering from her mess.

"I guess it's time to go, I'll miss you and promise I'll try to stay in contact." But I didn't know if I could uphold that promise. I slowly open my room door not ready to leave. As I walk down my stairs I take everything in, the beauty of the paintings and marble stairs, who knew how long it would be before I came back here. My dad was right behind me as I reached the living room. The boss whose name I did not know stood up and made a gesture to his men making them take my bags but I hold onto my Gucci purse, it was my baby and ain't no man touching it.

We walk to the entrance and I hug my dad whispering a 'take care of yourself' into his ear before I was escorted into one of the sleek Cadillac Escalade's parked outside. They got points for having one of the sexiest trucks out there.

The two guards got into the other truck my stuff with them taking off right away. Who was I going with? My eyes widen when I realize. Oh hell to the no no no. I didn't even know him but I already knew that guy was a jackass and I was not going to sit with in a car for who knows how long. He's the reason this was happening. "Fuck this shit I'm out." I say opening the door but it didn't budge.

"Are you kidding me right now?" I say trying the handle again. I pulled at it multiple times hoping it would just break.

"Yeah, that won't work." The Italian man says slipping into the driver seat of the Cadillac.

I sigh, letting go of the handle "Why are you driving me?" Crossing my arms across my chest, I look out the window as he backed out of my driveway.

"Would you prefer it to rather be the guards who would grope you if they got the chance?" He asks with his slightly accented voice.

"No." I stubbornly let out. Screw him and his Cadillac and his perfectly sculptured face. Like seriously, mafia men are suppose to be short, fat and bald not tall, muscular and sexy.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he pulls on to a highway.

"Somewhere that can not be disclosed to you."

And right then I knew I was in for
a lot of trouble.

------

Theo James is amazing.