9

"Cazzo!" Alessandro swears. He pulls his gun out of his waist band and runs out of the room. I attempt to run after him but Dominic holds me back. "Oh no no no. We're leaving."

"But," I start off but the look Dominic gave me shut me up. Dumb Mafia men and their dumb, menacing looks. I sigh and follow Dominic until we got to the back door. We then got into another one of their infamous black Cadillacs. The drive back to the mansion was quiet but not awkward. I wonder if Jasmine's okay. I don't know her too well but she didn't deserve to get shot. From the times i've talked to her, she seems like a decent person. This is seriously my new life. People I know, are going to be shot, and it's just going to be an everyday thing. I pinch the pressure points underneath my eyebrows to try and rid the headache that was coming on. The trees passed by and before I knew it we had arrived at the mansion. I slide out of the car and lightly shut the door.

"I'm going up to my room." I tell Dominic. He nods his head while he pulls out his phone, clicks a contact and walks away. Trudging up the stairs, I remember of Penelope, I missed her so much. I wonder what she was told about where I disappeared to. I wasn't allowed to call anyone from my old life until I was 100% trusted by Alessandro. I have no idea where my phone is but I do have a phone given to me by Alessandro. It's programmed to only call a select few people though. I change out of my outfit and into my comfy, silk pyjamas. I wipe my make up off and slide under my comforters, but I wasn't able to fall asleep. So instead, I turned my lamp on and off until I heard the front door slam shut. I quietly get up and head to the top of the stairs to see how everything was.

The scene I saw was one i'd never seen before. Jasmine was being carried in bloody and unconscious by two men with a woman in a white coat following them. Alessandro stayed in the lobby of the house, not going after them. He was on the phone but I couldn't make out what he was saying, it was very hushed. I decide to go back into my room and not make any more trouble for them. I go back to switching my lamp on and off when there's a knock on my door. I quickly turn my lamp off and turn away from the door, pretending I was asleep. Someone walks in and turns the light on, "I know your not asleep." A deep voice speaks out. I mentally slap my forehead. Why am I so stupid?

I turn around with an ashamed smile on my face,"Old habits die hard?" I say reminiscing about the times i'd pretend to be asleep when my dad checked up on me. Alessandro laughs his gracious laugh and sits himself on the edge of my bed. "You know, you surprised me." Alessandro starts. I just nod my head not wanting to speak, he was being nice for once. "I expected you to be a stuck up girl, who would take a hell of a lot of time to get into shape for work, but you finished training in no time, as if you were born for it, good job." He states without an expression on his face.

"Thank you." I say with gratitude. At least someone doesn't think i'm a waste of oxygen. There was a moment of silence and I took this moment to analyze the piece of art that was sitting on the foot of my bed. His dark hair was tousled as if he had been running his hands through it all day, his beard was perfectly groomed and his eyes were a beautiful icy grey colour. This man was a masterpiece.

Suddenly, he looks towards me, gives me a once over and sighs. "There's something you should know." Alessandro states narrowing his eyes towards me. His tone of voice changed into something more menacing, which instantly made me more alert. I slowly lift myself up so I was sitting straight up. Alessandro gets up and mutters a 'follow me' and so I do. I quietly make my way behind him through the twists and turns of the house. After, a few minutes of walking, we stop at a glass sliding door that was password protected. Alessandro puts his thumb on the screen and the door slides open after the analyzing his thumb. We both step through and behind the door was a big room, filled to the brim with files and books. I take in my surroundings, there were no windows in this room, just files on files carefully placed on bookshelves. After taking a look, I meet Alessandro's eyes, who was resting against one of the bookshelves himself.

"Why am I here? And what is all this?" I say looking at all the files once again.

"This is all the information we have on other mafias. What they specialize in, who's in the family, stuff like that. We would have it all on digital but that get's hacked and the information can be changed. So we have it on both."

"Okay, and why am I here?" I say raising an eyebrow, I was confused as fuck. What did I have to do with any of this. I just got here, I can't already be trusted enough to be in the room where they keep all the information they need to ruin other mafias. Geez, this was going too fast for me.

"Well you know how Jasmine was shot at the club right?" Alessandro says. Shoot I forgot about that, I hope she's okay. I nod my head at him and reply, "Yeah I know, how is she?"

"She's stable, lost a lot of blood but stable. But what I wanted to talk about is the cause of the problem, the mafia who opened fire in our club. The mafia was the Ovest Mafia and if you recall that's the mafia your mom has ties with."

I abruptly raise my head and look him in his eyes, "What are you trying to say?"

"The Ovest Mafia wants you, and they're trying to get us to give you up. This was a reaction of theirs since we rejected giving you. Who knows what they will do next." Alessandro states with no emotion in his eyes.

Someone almost lost their life because of me. What if something bad happens again? It would be all my fault. I sink to the floor and put my head on my knees. Jasmine almost lost her life because of me. "But why? I'm not important."

"It's you because your her daughter. You are Rosen Claire's daughter Cathenna. And they want revenge for what your mother did." And that's when my heart dropped.