10

I let this sink in before standing again, "What did my mother do?" I need to know what she has done. What the reason was for her leaving me and what the reason is for the Ovest Mafia wanting me. What did she do that is so horrible! All I have been told is that she tried cutting her ties with the family, nothing else!

"That I can not tell you. It's classified information which I can't disclose to you ." Alessandro says while grabbing a file off a shelf. We were at opposite ends of the room but I quickly walk over to him so were only an inch apart.

"Listen here pazzo! This is about my mother, and about my life, so how can you not disclose this information to me when I am who it concerns the most?!" I release in one long sentence. I look up suddenly realizing how close I really was to him. I look up to his amber eyes and gaze at his luscious locks. How can a man be this beautiful! I let my eyes wander down to his lips and then again to his eyes, and I see that he was doing the same.

What are you doing Cathenna! You barely know this man! The voice in my head was right. After, I take a small step backwards, I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow, "Well?"

Alessandro clears his throat while turning around to put the file back. Once he's facing me again he finally opens his mouth, "I get this concerns you and your life, but it's not my story to tell. I know we will get this situation under control in no time but until then you have to stay in the house. My decision right now is no missions for you until this is sorted out. Got it."

I let out an exasperated sigh and reply with a nod. What does he mean it's not his story to tell? Who else is going to tell me? The lady who is my mother who i have not seen for over ten years! I feel an ache in my head and i start to rub my temples. "Can we go back now?"

Alessandro nods and heads over to the door to unlock it. The door slides open and I walk through, then heading straight to my bedroom. Alessandro followed me to my room, and waited by the door until I was in bed with the covers on top of me. I waited for him to leave but he stayed staring at me so I raised an eyebrow as to ask what the hell he was doing.

"You have training with me tomorrow at 8am sharp. We didn't get to finish at the club and I want to see what you can do." Alessandro says. Oh great, now I can't sleep in like I was going to. I reluctantly nod my head but don't say anything until he turns around to leave my room.

"Normal people are told goodnight or have a good sleep before they go to bed but noo, training at 8am is what I get." I mutter under my breath while pushing my duvet off of me. I turn the light off and get back into bed to finally get some rest. I was only going to get seven hours of sleep tonight, great!

***

The next morning I woke up with only thirty minutes before I had to meet Alessandro. I could not be late. I quickly do my morning routine and chuck on a tank top and black Lululemon shorts . The clock in my room read 7:50am, good I still had ten minutes to eat. I still didn't have a phone as these people don't trust me to have one. What was i going to do, call the cops?

Once, i'm in the kitchen I pour myself a bowl of cereal and chow down. I put the bowl in the sink and run down to the knife target room. I open the door to see Alessandro in the position to throw the weapon, "Your late," Is the first thing he says without even turning to look at me. I put a sheepish smile on my face, "Well what can you do with me." I say.

He turns to give me a pointed look, "I expect you to be on time, not obeying does have consequences, so I can do a lot to you." He states before turning and letting go of the blade he was holding, it went straight onto the bullseye. I had the urge to roll my eyes but for the betterment of myself, I didn't. Alessandro leans against the brick wall then nudges his head towards all the blades that were on the hung on the wall or set on the table, "Show me what you got."

I pick up a black kunai knife and ready my stance, I grip the knife with ease, not too tight but not too loose. Straightaway, I fling the knife and it lands on the bullseye. YES I DID IT. I turn to the spectator with a smirk on my face. His face was rid of emotion, geez at least give some type of confirmation that that was good. Wait, I don't  need his confirmation, I knew that was good.

"That was mediocre, you need to work on your stance but your grip is good. But, you clearly don't need training in here. Time to move onto guns." He states walking towards the door. I internally groan, really, guns?

"Do we have to, I want to sleep." I whine. I really just wanted to go back to sleep, my first priority. Alessandro whips around with mock concern adorning his gorgeous face, "Sweetheart, you are now a member of a mafia. If you don't know how to properly utilize a gun, then what good are you?" He ends it off with a short smile. He then turns around and continues walking to the target practice room.

It then hit me for the first time, I was in a mafia, I was an official criminal. Once we enter the room I open my mouth, "Is there anyway I can get out of this before I'm in the position where I have to use a gun on another human being?" I ask hopefully. I seriously did not think this through when I packed my bags and led myself here. I couldn't survive in a mafia! Holy fuck I was in a mafia. I'm a criminal. What the hell happened to me, all I wanted to do was go to university and get a job and now i'm going to die a premature death. This is fucked up. What if what happened to Jasmine, happens to me. I hold onto my head as these thoughts came rushing through.

"Cool down sweetheart, no one is going to kill you." Alessandro says stepping towards me. How'd he even hear my thoughts? Great now I was thinking out loud, clearly i'm going loco. "Your not going loco," He says almost mockingly, "You're okay." He says while still walking towards me. Damn I was seriously going bat shit crazy, I can't even keep any of my thoughts inside.

"No, stop moving towards me! Your the reason i'm here. Your the reason i'm a criminal and your the reason i'm going to die." I scream.

Alessandro stops in his tracks his face clouded over in anger. "Cupcake, you'll be happy to know that we didn't want you in the first place. We were fine with taking your dads hotels but he'd rather see you go. So we did a little research and turns out your highly valued in the mafia world, So now you're here. It's your destiny to be a criminal, to be in the mafia." He spits out in a harsh demeanour while I was choking on my own spit from shock.

My dad had a choice of whether I would go or his hotels and he chose me to go! What the actual fuck! How dare he. I thought when they meant my dad had no other option but me was that the mafia didn't want his hotels, which honestly makes no sense now that I think of it.

I give Alessandro one last look before turning to leave. He grabs onto my wrist and pulls me back, "Where are you going, we still need to practice." I wiggle my wrist out of his grasp and retreat, "I need some time to myself, don't worry i'm not running away or anything but i'll be in the garden. See you later." You fucking pig I add on in my head. I turn around and escape the room as I felt my lungs collapsing and a lump in my throat. I couldn't breathe and I had no one to go to.