12

It was now rounding 9 and I was trying to figure out what to wear. It is a bar, but it's in the house. Do I dress how I would to a normal bar or more casual since it's in the house I live in? Geez, I've never been so confused. I decide on black denim ripped jeans and a blush pink silk camisole. I just finish slipping my black ankle boots when there's a knock on my door. I open the door to reveal a grinning Dominic at the door.

I greet him as I leave my bedroom, shutting the door behind me. Dominic gives me a once over, then looks to my face smiling in approval. "I was a little confused as to what your suppose to wear to a bar that's inside the same house you live in." I say still in shock at how this house has a bar. They have all this money by ruining others lives.

I frown at that thought when suddenly i'm grabbed by the hand. Dominic starts to drag me down the hall and to the elevator. We board the elevator and I sigh. "I'm still in shock by this house, if you can even call it that."

Dominic chuckles, "Trust me, I know. When I first moved here I was star struck for ages. Now, that feels like a lifetime ago." I wonder how he got into this business of crime. I made it a point to ask him later. The elevator doors opened to the fourth floor. This whole floor was just an entertainment floor, guess you need that when thirty people live in the house.

We walk down the hallway to a glass door where music was blasting behind it. Dominic holds the door open for me and I walk in thanking him. There were pool tables to the left and the bar was to the right. At the back of the room there was a large screen playing a basketball game. We head straight to the bar and both order a drink, I needed to relieve stress and I was being provided with free drinks, I was going to have a hell of a good time.

I down two shots while Dominic takes his glass of whiskey to the back of the room where the game was playing.

There were five people at the back, two girls and three guys, the girls were definitely more into the game than the guys were. They were yelling and screaming at screen while the guys were just talking to each other.

"Okay everyone I would like to introduce to you Cathenna, she's cool." Dominic says giving me a dry introduction. I am more than cool, I'm amazing. Everyone says hello, even the girls but they only looked at me for a second before returning there eyes to the screen. All of a sudden they started booing and throwing pillows at the screen, guess the team they were rooting for lost.

I was beginning to feel the buzz from the drinks I had earlier. Everyone started talking after the game finished about random stuff from how rainbows were pretty to how they would like to kill certain people. I was just listening in to the conversations, contributing every once in a while. I wasn't having a lot of fun so I decided to have another three shots– which let me tell you right now, was NOT a good idea. 

After a riveting conversation about adopting a leprechaun, a tragedy occurred. Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music" came on and of course I got so hyped that I sluggishly climbed onto one of the pool tables and danced my heart out, not very well, I should add. At the time, I was having a lot of fun, dancing and spinning around on the table in absolute bliss, but now, sitting on my bathroom floor in front of the toilet, I was having a little less fun.

I wipe my mouth deciding i'm done hurling and pick myself up off the cold, tile floor. I wash my face and brush my teeth wanting to head straight to bed, but I was hungry. I was basically sober now since I barfed everything out. I slip on my pink silk robe, not bothering to get dressed since no one else would be awake right now, they all have work to do. It makes me mad that I was brought to this house by force and I haven't been told to do anything, my whole being here is pointless.

My slippered feet stop in front of the kitchen so I turn the lights on and let out a little shriek as I see someone sitting in the breakfast bar eating cereal. I quickly realized who it was from the broad shoulders and perfectly styled luscious hair. The Devil himself, Alessandro.

He furrows his eyebrows at me before speaking,"What are you doing up at this time?"

"Uhhh I was hungry, so i'm getting some food" I state simply walking over to the fruit basket. Alessandro finishes up his cereal and puts the bowl in the sink, "Well, have fun."

He turns to leave but I stop him, "Wait, can we talk?" I wanted to ask about my role here, If I wasn't going to do anything, why was I here?

Alessandro turns back into the kitchen and stops a few inches away from me, taking his eyes from my bare legs to my chest. I knew the robe was displaying a little too much for someone else to see, but I didn't expect for anyone else to be awake so not my fault.

I clear my throat which gets his attention back up to my face, his face now adorning a devilish smirk, holy this guy was hot. Bastard.

"Just wanted to speak about what the purpose of me being here is." I grab a green apple and bite into the juicy centre. He tilts his head at me, licking his pink lips, "We can speak now since i'm not going to be sleeping tonight anyways, follow me."

I eat the apple as fast as I could and put the core into the organic bin before following him to his office. I was feeling a draft as I was only wearing a little robe, and at this moment I was really wishing I wore my pyjamas. We arrive at his office where he opens the door and allows me to go in first, him shutting the door behind me. I sit down on the chair, crossing my legs trying to cover up best I could.

"So you are wondering why we brought you here since your not doing anything?" Alessandro asks folding his hands on the desk. I nod my head slowly waiting for him to continue. "Well, you are more important than you might think." He says grinning.

"Explanation?" I say raising my eyebrow. What does he mean i'm important, I just want to go back to my normal life. This mafia shit was too much for me to handle.

"You see, you are an important piece in the game my mafia is playing, but if you want to go out with a team and commit criminal acts, i'll be happy to assign you to an assassination we need done." He says so normally as if he was asking me if I wanted a cookie rather than if I wanted to kill someone.

"Does me being "important" have to do with my mom?" I ask sensing that was indeed why I was important. My moms mysterious life is haunting me even though I haven't seen her in over a decade.

"It does." He replies curtly, no context given. I groan in frustration, why is he not telling me stuff that has to do with my own fucking life. "You're honestly no help whatsoever. Go back to hell Satan." I say getting quickly getting up. His eyes go straight to my cleavage area and he knew I knew he was looking. He slowly brings his eyes to mine and a smirk finds its way onto his stunning face.

"Only if you join me, beautiful." He then winks. I was able to keep my composure on the outside, but on the inside I was completely melting. This man was a piece of art, and just him winking at me had me wheezing. On the outside however, I was scowling, making it look like I was not amused at all.

"If I was an unicorn i'd have incinerated you with my rainbow powers by now." I say out loud, and then regretting it. Do I even make sense? Guess I was not completely sober after all.

I'm still standing when Alessandro gives me a 'what the fuck' look before speaking again, "You want a job?" He asks raising his eyebrows. I slowly sit back down intrigued, I was getting sick of staying in one location, even though this location has A LOT to offer. I motion for him to continue with this job offer.

He squirmed in his chair, adjusting his tie, "Well, you see, my parents are having a gala, for the Romano Stock Company and I need a date. They also want to meet the infamous Cathenna Valencia Caffrey. Do you want to go?"

I give him a questioning look, a gala with the most handsome devil i'd ever seen? I was tempted, it was a non-criminal gathering where I wouldn't do anything related to crime and i'd get to look pretty and eat good food.

"Well?" Alessandro says getting impatient of me just staring at him with an intent gaze. I sit up straight, "Yes, I will go with you as long as there's good food."

He laughs a little while nodding, "There is going to be amazing food. It's the day after tomorrow on Saturday, I'll send over a few dresses and you can choose which one you like best."

I nod and exit the office heading up to my room to finally go to sleep. Welp, wonder how that's going to go. Good luck Cathenna!