Random Note 10 - Eye Jutsu

Uchiha Shisui

Though Shisui an Itachi were best friends, Taryn has never met him. By the time she came to Konoha to attend the Academy, Shisui had already finished and he did not participate in the same Chuunin Exams with he and Itachi either.
Years later when Taryn was banished, Itachi had become head of the ANBU and he didn’t spent much time with Shisui.
Shisui was often away on missions, but was never assigned to the same cell as Taryn.
She has heard of his reputation and knew he was Itachi’s friend, but never knew him in person.

Sharingan.

Though this ocular jutsu had many varieties and possibilities, it is most famous for its illusionary qualities.
Shisui Uchiha could control his opponent’s mind, but in general, Sharingan is known for its copying abilities.
With Sharingan, one can read and copy an opponent’s jutsu and movements, causing the user to be able to remain using those jutsu in future battles.

And advanced version of the regular Sharingan is the Mangekyo Sharingan which is said can only be obtained by killing the person closest to you.
Itachi’s Mangekyo Sharingan knows three different abilities.
The Tsukuyomi, or Nightmare Realm, that can control time and space and trap someone in a genjutsu.
The Amaterasu, or Black Flames, that will consume whatever it is the user is looking at and won’t diminish until the target is destroyed.
And Sasunoo, the impenetrable shield that Itachi used in his battle with Sasuke.
This last one particular causes much strain on the user’s body. The use of the Mangekyo takes a lot of energy and chakra and the price for it is the user’s eye sight, slowly turning the user blind with every use, until their light goes out forever.

It also leaves the user weak and drained of energy after long use.
This is why Kakashi is always exhausted after a fight.

Kakashi’s Sharingan was a gift from his teammate Obito Uchiha who died on a mission when they were still children.

Byakugan

Byakugan is the trademark of the Hyuuga clan. It enables the user to see the chakra channels in an opponent’s body and is the base of the Gentle Fist style.
Those with advanced Byakugan can also see the Tenketsu, the small chakra points in the body. When pressed, it causes the enemy’s chakra channels to close, so they can’t perform any more jutsu.
Both Taryn and Neji have this ability.

The greatest flaw in Byakugan is that the user is blind in the spot right behind them. To solve this problem, the Kaiten was created, a jutsu that makes the user spin faster than the eye can see.
It is said that Sharingan can trace its origin back to Byakugan and that in some way Byakugan is the more powerful out of the two.

Rinnengan

Not much is known about this ocular jutsu. Some say it is merely a mutation, while others claim it originates from the legendary Sage of Six Paths that founded the ninja world.

Fact is that Nagato possessed this particular eye and that it proved to be very powerful.
With his death, Madara is trying to retrieve it and use it for his own plans.

----

Let me know if I missed anything