Chapter 5

Chapter 5!

I wake up to the sound of knocking. I was too tired to get up so I just ignored it.

"You two should really leave her be," I hear grandma say.

"Mom, if I were Snow would you just leave me alone after a situation like hers?" Mom asked.

I hear grandma sigh in defeat. "I suppose you're right. But you should really give her time.

"It's going on 4 o'clock! She slept the day away. I think we gave her plenty of time," Says Dad.

"Well, it is summer and kids tend to do that," Grandma reasoned. "And broken heart don't mend in the course of 12 hours."

Shit! It's already 4 p.m?

"Yes, but we need to be sure she's okay, mom. We also need to discuss her punishment for sneaking out."

Grandma sighs again. "Just take it easy on her. What that boy did is down right cruel. A female's heart is fragile." I then hear her walk away.

I hear my door open, and immediately said, "Go ahead and take my phone and laptop. Everyone is probably talking about me all over Fur-book! I bet someone took a video and put it on ZooTube too! I don't want to be around any electronics."

"Never thought I'd hear her say that," says Dad as he sat beside me on my bed. Mom hopped her way to the other side and snuggled behind me.

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"Can I not cuddle with my baby?"

I sighed. "Mom, I want you to yell at me for sneaking out. Not pity me."

Mom sits up and looks down at me. (That's a first.)

"I'm not going to yell at you." She said. "I'm very upset that you snuck out, but you're a teenager. You're rebellious. I get that. Which is why we're taking your phone and laptop, and giving you all the chores to do." She pauses for my reaction.

"Well, it'll help me keep my mind off things I guess." I mumbled.

"This is so not like you," Dad said. "What happened to the whiny spoiled brat we know and love?"

I closed my eyes, not in the mood to talk. "She died. All that's left is a lifeless body who has no soul and heart. Just a shell. White on the outside, but black on the inside."

There was an awkward moment of silence. I couldn't help it. I laughed a little.

"Well, that was awkward." I say as I open my eyes and see mom and dad staring at me in confusion.

"Judy, I think our daughter went crazy." Dad says, and I punched him in the shoulder. Not hard, but softly. I didn't have it in me to punch full throttle.

"In this family crazy is normal," I state.

Dad chuckles. "It's good to see you smiling again."

"Yeah," mom agreed. "You're actually taking this very well."

I shrugged and sat up. "Well, I got everything out of my system last night. And it's not like it's the end of the world, you know? He's just one stupid boy. We weren't even dating. I can't change what happened last night. I'm going to have to move forward. Believe me, I thought about it long and hard last night. That's why I slept in so late. I didn't go to bed until 4 a.m."

"Oh baby," mom says as she went to cuddle with me again. I accepted it this time.

"No offense," dad said, "But I'm glad all this happened."