Chapter 8

Chapter 8!

~Snow~

What goes on inside an animal's head when they take something that does not belong to them? Examples of that something could be from the smallest pawpsicle to the largest amount of money. One would think that they'd feel victorious at stealing something and getting away with it, but what of those who take something far more precious? Something far more extreme than that of money. Something like...an animal's life. What goes on inside their head? What do they feel or think?

Now my next question is: what goes on inside that animal's head when they're being abducted? What do they feel or think?

Well, for starters they feel absolutely confused. They don't know what's happening to them or why. Much like what I am thinking as my eyes open and I'm greeted with nothing but darkness.

"What the..." I trailed off once my night vision adjusted and I got a better view of the room. "....hell?"

This isn't my room! Who's room am I in?

"Where...where am I?"

After the confusion, my memories come back to me, and the fear sets in. Fear that is so indescribable that only a fellow victim can understand it.

Fear that I am now experiencing as my heart begins to pound faster, and my stomach clenches as the realization hits me hard.

I've been abducted. Taken away from my family, friends, home, life...my everything. My world.

"No..."I croaked, feeling my tears form. My throat was dry and the air was so dusty that I began to go into a coughing fit.

"W-where am I?" I think out loud, knowing full well that I wasn't getting an answer. "Where d-did they take me?"

I scrambled to my feet, stumbling when my knees gave out, and scanned the room, frantically.

The place was hoarded with boxes upon boxes of old junk. The walls were old, older than my parents ages combined, and mold grew on every corner.

My heart ached when I thought of my parents. What are they doing right now? Do they know I'm missing? Are they looking for me?

My nose suddenly caught a disturbing scent that smelled really metallic. It smelled like...

Blood.

My heart skipped a beat, and my curiosity got the best of me. I hesitantly followed the scent and it led me behind a pile of boxes.

I gasped at what I saw, putting my paws over my muzzle.

The wall was splattered with fresh blood that dripped into a small puddle. There were patches of fur here and there, claw marks on the walls and floor, and while the scene wasn't truly gruesome it's still the fact that that is someone else's blood.

I was smart enough to know that that animal died not too long ago. The blood is fresh, and no victim of abduction makes it out alive. Not always. Perhaps that animal could have been wounded? For my heart's sake that's what I'll go with. He or she didn't die. They just got injured. Nobody died in here.

Either way, its blood is forever going to stain these walls, staying here forever as the room decays over time.

And forever staying drilled in my mind until the day I die...which won't be long from now.

I didn't stop my tears from falling nor did I stop the scenarios that played in my head.

What do they want with me? What are they going to do with me? Rape and then kill me? How are they going to kill me? Slowly? Quickly? Put a bullet to my head? Stab me a bunch of times? Cut me up into pieces? Drown me? Suffocate me? Hang me? Skin me and wear my fur?