Chapter 15

I couldn't move. I didn't have the strength nor the willpower. I was sore and bruised up beyond belief. This is worse than all those times I worked out in P.E. at school. Warren had me "train" for hours yesterday. Ha! Train he says. He didn't train me at all. I didn't learn anything. The only thing he did was beat the crap out of me. Maybe I deserve it though. For being a horrible, spoiled daughter, and for being a stupid mammal who has no common sense. I mean really. Who in their right mind would go and meet a boy at three in the morning? I wish I had much better sense then.

Sometimes...I blame Cole for all of this. I know I shouldn't blame him. It's not his fault, and while I say it's my fault I know it's not mine either. It's Mr. Small's fault that this is happening to me. I didn't even know any of these mammals existed. I never did anything to them, so how could it be my fault? There is one person who knew about them, however, and that's my father. He's the one Mr. Small is mad at. And it pains me to say this but...I think the true animal at fault here is him. I hate myself for thinking it, but when it comes down to it...this all leads back to my father. I had no idea about his con life. Of course, I'm sure it's not something he's proud of. It's not exactly something you can just tell your child about. But it makes me wonder. Does he miss it? His old life? Does he miss not being tied down and being a single, cunning bachelor? Has he even really stopped conning? Does he still do it behind our backs?

I have so many questions and he's not here to answer them. I don't think I'll ever have my answers, and to be honest I don't want them. If I'm going to die, I want to die remembering the fox that raised me with so much love it put other fathers to shame. I can't imagine him not being a loving father and husband. I can still remember the first time he took me to a flower shop; a memory that I'll never forget.

I don't remember how old I was, probably around six, but I do remember the vibrant colors. The flowers were the most beautiful things I have ever seen, and with it being my first time ever in such a colorful store I was as hyper as could be.

"What are those flowers called?" I had asked him, pointing to some tall yellow flowers.

"Those are sun flowers," he had answered.

"Does this place have any moon flowers?"

"Um...I don't think those exist, Snowflake." He tried to tell me. Of course, little old me wasn't having it.

I had shook my head, stubbornly, and said, "Well, how do you know? Have you seen them?"

"No."

"Well, just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they're not there."

He chuckled and ruffled the fur on top of head, causing me to giggle. "You sure are pretty smart for your age." He told me. "You must get it form me."

"I think I get it from mommy." His annoyed expression had made me laugh.

Then, from the corner of my eye, I saw something that stood out from the others. Something that had no color. Something that looked like me. A bouquet of white roses. I've seen regular red roses before, but never those of a different color other than red. And the fact that they're pure white like myself made me like them even more.

"Daddy," I said as I tugged on his arm, not looking away from the flowers. "Are those white roses?"

He looks over at them and nods. "They sure are. You wanna go look at them?"

I nodded, grabbed his paw, and practically dragged him over to where the white roses were at. When we approached the flowers, I let go of my father's paw, and sniffed the bouquet.

I had smiled at the sweet aroma. "They smell good. And they're so pretty too!"

My dad nods in agreement. "Yeah they're pretty, but I think you're prettier."