Chapter 16

"Get up and try again!"

"Well, if you stopped pushing me down--"

"It doesn't matter what I did! Just do as I say!"

"If you gave me a breather--"

"Get up!"

"I'm trying!"

We've been doing this for hours, but my body makes it feel like it's been years. I'm sweaty and out of breath. I was also certain that I dropped a lot of weight. That's not too bad I suppose. Maybe I can finally fit into those cute skinny jeans I saw at the mall. I mean, I'll probably be dead soon so I won't ever wear them, but it's a nice thought.

I stagger to my feet, fighting against the wobbling of my knees, and tried to stand in the fighting position Warren had showed me. "Okay. I'm--"

....Back on the ground again. I growled angrily at Warren and ignored the pain in my butt. It should be completely numb by now. I fell on it so many times. My butt is probably the most bruised part on my entire body. "You want me to get up and yet you keep pushing me down! Make up your mind!"

"You need to learn to be fast, Snow," He scolded. "Once you are down, your opponent will destroy you before you can even blink."

"In case you forgot," I snapped. "I'm an arctic fox, not a cheetah." My best friend came to mind and my heart ached for her. I hope she's okay. She's probably taking a test or doing homework right now. I wonder how many tests and assignments I missed. My straight A's are probably all F's now. I think I have an exception though.

"You're more of a sloth if anything," Warren mumbled under his breath.

"I heard that." I say in annoyance.

"I can see that your ears are quick. Unfortunately, your legs aren't."

"And I can see that your eyes can see perfectly. Can they see how much I hate you?" He said nothing and I finally decided to just give up. I didn't even bother to get up from the ground and just laid back down. "I can't go on, Warren." My eyes started to fill with tears. I overworked my body and everything burned with pain. "I can't do it anymore. I'm exhausted."

He kneels beside me and takes my paw firmly in his. "You have one more hour, Snowflake. Just one more hour. You can do it."

I shook my head. "I can't move, Warren. And don't," I tried to sound menacing, but I sounded like I was in labor instead with all the panting I was doing. "...call me Snowflake. Only my mother calls me that."

"How about Snowball?"

"That's my father's nickname for me."

"Snowstorm?"

"I think one of my brothers uses that one. I usually never paid attention to them. Little brothers tend to be excruciatingly annoying. Something you have in common with them." Now that I think about it, I really regret not giving them enough attention.

"You're so funny," Warren said, sarcastically. "How about Snowfall?"

"Snowfall?" No one has ever come up with that nickname before. In all honesty I liked that one. I'm just too stubborn to admit it, and unfortunately he could tell.

"Yeah." He answered. "I mean, your name is Snow and you've been falling a lot today. It suits you."

"You kept pushing me down!"

"Don't be a baby."

"I believe I have every right!" It's crazy how infuriating this guy is. And yet...it's even crazier that I'm still alive. I honestly thought I would have been dead by now. I keep thinking I'm going to die any day now, but I'm still here. I feel like I'm dead. Everything hurts soooooo bad. But still I wonder; am I the longest living victim that they've had?