Chapter 10

~Friday~

Cole was nervous. So completely nervous. He likes Snow, he really does, just not in the romantic way. He hardly knows her, but he'd really like to. You're not going to fall in love immediately. It takes time. And after what he did at the party he wouldn't be surprised if it took Snow a long time to trust him.

But for the record, he really is excited for their date, and he prays to God that everything goes well. Perhaps a part of him really does have a slight crush on Snow. If not he wouldn't be so nervous right now.

It wasn't just the fact he was going on his first date. Ha! No, what he's really nervous about is seeing her dad. He wonders what must have happened when Snow told him about their date. Wait...did she even tell him?!

He was expecting, since they seemed to be on good terms, for her to text him. He then realized that maybe it should be the guy to initiate first. He sent her a simple text, days before, that said 'Hey', but he never did get a reply. Just an hour ago he conjured up the courage to send her another text. This one said, 'Hey. Can't wait for tonight. Excited but nervous.' Three hours later, there was still no reply.

Cole had figured that she probably forgot about their date, but how could a girl, who was the one who asked first, simply forget. Last he checked, girls remember everything!

Cole was glad he had her address. He doesn't have a car and her house was just 30 minutes away on foot. If he didn't have her address he would have simply sent a text, but she probably wouldn't have replied like how she's doing now. Maybe she got her phone taken away? Maybe it died and she can't find a charger? He knows there has to be a good explanation.

He actually got the address from Cheetia the day after the whole party incident. At the time Tia didn't know what had happened and thought that giving her best friend's crush her address was a smart thing to do to help her friend out. If Cheetia knew now that Cole was going to take Snow out on a date she would probably rip his eyes out.

Cole is pretty sure that Cheetia knows what he did at the party to Snow, and he does not want to cross her path at the moment.

Actually, he wonders if she's at Snow's house right now getting her ready.

Cole looks at the clock. 5:30 sharp. He better leave now if he wants to get there at six. He heads out, trying to ignore the different scenarios that keep running through his head.

Little did he know that an angry father awaits him.

~With Nick and Judy~

Day three and their daughter was still missing. Bogo knew that the parents weren't taking it well at all. He was, however, surprised to see Judy with a look of determination instead a look of grief. Of course she was still grieving, but what good will that do? Judy knows that the only way to get her daughter back is to track down the asshole who took her. She worked her butt off to become a cop, and now she's going to work hard to find her daughter.

After roll call, Nick and Judy weren't all that surprised when Bogo gave them meter duty. Bogo and the rest of the ZPD were aware that Snow was missing, and while he usually sticks with his stoicism, Bogo felt sympathy towards the interspecies couple.

He was going easy on them, giving them the meter duty, and they knew it. He knew that they knew it. He also doubted they'd follow the position given to them. When it comes to meter duty, everyone, not just them, always seems to abandon the position for something more thrilling.

Nick and Judy done it multiple times before, always getting into mischief and cracking crimes. However, its for good reason this time, and he wasn't going to get onto them if they decided to do something more 'thrilling'. Like finding their daughter. How could he get onto them for that? They're the best cops Zootopia has ever had. He could give them this one favor. Plus, who was he to stand in the way of two parents trying to find their daughter?