Chapter 13

AN: I am so so so sorry! I haven't updated in 3 months! I'm such a horrible person. But I mean, I'm not that bad, right? I mean, I updated now. Better late than never right?

Anyway, let's get this show on the road.

BTW this chapter is undergoing editing. Enjoy!

~Snow~

My ears were perked as I listened to Idiot One and Idiot Two talk from the other side of the door. Carl and Wally were guarding the door, well more specifically me, and the only thing I had to entertain myself was them two and their bickering.

I was halfway asleep when they said something that caught my interest.

"I can't believe Mr. Small abandoned his original plan," says Wally, angrily, "He'd rather turn the vixen into a brainwashed fighter than to use her for ransom. Do you know how much money he would have gotten? A lot!"

What?! Is that what he plans to do? Does he honestly think he can brainwash me? Does he honestly think I'll become some sort of weapon? A pawn in his game?

Well, he did manage to get you to kill someone.

Shut up!

Carl snickers. "I don't know why you're so mad. It's not like you're the one who was gonna get the money. None of us were. If you honestly believed that than maybe you're crazier than me."

I winced when I heard a loud smack. Damn, Carl, you really need to watch yourself.

"I ain't crazy like you, dipshit," Wally snapped.

"No," says Carl, annoyance in his tone, "But you sure do have some anger issues."

"Say one more thing and I'll--" Wally was interrupted by laughing. Laughter that was coming from me.

The door opened up, and a bright light shined inside the dark basement. I was sitting at the bottom of the staircase, looking away from the light since it was so bright, but not once stopping my laughter. Laughter which at first held humor, but then turned maniacal.

"Hey!" Wally shouted. "What the hell are you laughing at?"

"She's laughing like Hank, except she's more...crazy." Says Carl.

That caused me to laugh harder until tears fell down my cheeks. My laughter turned from 'crazy' to sad, ugly sobs.

"Fuck," said Wally, "She's finally lost it, Carl. She's full on crazy."

"Crazy you say?" I said through my sobs. "That's ridiculous. How can I possibly be crazy? I mean, I've only been kidnapped, forced to kill someone, locked inside a basement, muzzled, and electrocuted by this shock collar. But those things can't possibly traumatize someone. They can't possibly make someone go loony. No, I'm not crazy. I'm perfectly fine. I'm perfectly normal. I'm perfectly," I pause to smile insanely, "...sane."

I honestly don't know why I was speaking out like this. A) Maybe I really am starting to lose it, B) I just don't care anymore, or C) I'm sleep deprived and starving. Or it could be D) all of the above.

Carl looked genuinely disturbed, but Wally held a very stoic expression; not in the least freaked out.

"Such a shame," he said with the shake of his head, "I had thought you would have lasted longer than the others. They lost their sanity much quicker than you."

"They lost their lives too," I spat, suddenly angry, fangs bared, and ready to pounce. "And for what? Nothing!" My blood was boiling now and the rage I felt caused me to shake. "Do you have any idea what it's like to be in my position? To be scared out of your mind? To know that this is the end? To never see your loved ones again? Do you? Do you fucking know--Aaahh!"