(01)

"Alec, you think you could get my stele back?" Max asked his older brother.

"They took it away because you nearly burnt down the Mumbai Institute."

"How many times do I have to say it was an accident?" Max said with remorse in his voice.

"Look, Max. Somebody very important is coming to visit. All right? You think you can stay out of trouble for just a couple days? If you do, I promise I'll get your stele back."

Alec looked up to see Valentine. So he pulled his bow and arrow out from behind him back. When Valentine caught the arrow and broke it in half, Alec was done for. But Alec knew only one person who could catch one of his arrows, Renee Goldstorm. Alec saw who he thought was Valentine pull out a stele and soon reviled a rune.

The person no longer looked like Valentine but Renee. She was always his little ray of sunshine.

"That reaction time was abysmal. Except for you Alec, you can never disappoint me."

"For those of you who don't remember me I'm Renee Goldstorm, envoy from the Clave but now a member of this Institute once again."

"Maryse. It's good to see you again."

"You as well but I was hoping under different circumstances." Maryse gesturing between Alec and Renee.

"It's good to have you back." Maryse left know what was going to happen next. "We'll talk later." Maryse just mouthed,Renee's full attention already on Alec. "I never wanted to leave."

"Six weeks in Idris and it feels like you've been gone for a lifetime. I bet Izzy will be glad to have you back. Just to have those little mundane sleepovers."

"That you would always sneak into in the middle of the night and take me to your room just to make it feel like Izzy and I had a dream about it."

"I was always just jealous that you wanted to spend more time with my sister then me, your boyfriend."

"Oh Alec, how I've missed you waking me up in the middle of the night. Just to go to the greenhouse and tell me all about your missions with Jace as we watched the midnight flowers bloom."

"How are things with the clave, before I forget."

"You'll never forget and we both know it, but still they're the clave, while I was away I got word from Brother Jeremiah about Jace and Clary Fairchild. Is that how you say her name?"

"Yeah, her and her mundie friend are causing problems."

"I like how I leave for a few weeks and this institute is already up-side-down. What, did the Fairchild girl take my bedroom too?" Alec just rolled his eyes as he pulled her in closer by her waist.

He kissed her forehead and said, "We both know that you'll end up sleeping in my room anyways." Renee slightly laughed as the sound of high heels got louder.

Renee turned around leaning into Alec as his arms went around her waist. "Well if it isn't Isabelle Lightwood." Izzy looked around to see Renee, in her rightful place, her brothers arms before pulling her parabatai into a bone crushing hug.

"I've missed you." Izzy whispered, Renee felt a small pair of arms go around her leg to look down and see Max Lightwood, oh the trouble maker himself.

When Izzy let go of Renee she lent down and Max jumped into her arms. Renee just looked up at Alec and Izzy to see them smiling. If there was anyone in the world that could make Alec Lightwood smile it was Renee.