(02)

"Where is Clary Fairchild?"

"She's with Jace."

"The same Jace who hit on mundies for fun, knowing that they couldn't hear or see him?" The glare Renee gave Alec was enough to know that she didn't believe that, that was the whole story.

"Renee, you know that Jace might be unconventional, but he's our best soldier. If he's with Clary, then she's in good hands."

" I hope so. For your sake, and all of New York."

Alec looked to one of the monitors then down at his phone.

"I have something you need to see. Something attacked the Jade Wolf."

"The werewolves' headquarters? Where did you... Where did you get these? Alec please tell me what's going on here."

"I will just not here but, it's the leader of the New York wolf pack."

"Since when are we friends with Lucian Graymark? An ex-Circle member?"

"How about we send Isabelle and Alec to investigate? I'm sure this is linked to..." Maryse suggested.

"Valentine. I'm sorry Maryse but I need to see it for myself. Are you coming or what Alec?"Alec nodded and followed Renee out of the Institute, over to Jade Wolf.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"While I was in Idris all the girls were clamoring to meet you."

"What do you mean?

"That you want to get married, is that want your hiding from me Alec? That your parents are forcing a marriage on you."

"No, that's not it Renee. I... I love you, so much. I know that if I was even forced to marry anyone I would ask my mother if it could be you. My life is nothing if you, Izzy, Max and Jace aren't in it. I would never give up on a future with you." Alec pushed her back against one of the crates as he held her in his arms. His kissed her forehead before they continued to walk.

"Then what's really going on Alec because I know that-"

"Clary is Valentines daughter."

"What?"

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"It's got some characteristics of a Forsaken. It was human. It was runed."

"I don't know. It was more focused, more determined. It attacked like it had a plan. Plus, a normal Forsaken wouldn't have been so hard to kill. It took five wolves to take that thing down. Never seen anything like it." Luke said

"We'll take the body back to the Institute, do a full autopsy."

"Oh, hold up. I get that I called you... Actually, I called Alec. But what I didn't want is someone to come down here and just take over."

"Yeah, that's not her kind of thing."

"Look, we really don't have time for this. Can we all just agree that we're all on the same side here."

"Can we agree on that?"

"The Institute has the resources to find out what this thing is. We have an expert forensic pathologist. Highly trained in all the creatures of the Shadow World."

"You mean Izzy but never the less, do you have all of the proper equipment in this, uh, Chinese restaurant?"

"Fine. You win. Just let me know what you find."

"You think Valentine was behind this?"

"No question. It's definitely his work. What do you think he's after?"

"Honestly? Me."

"So you think Valentine's going after ex-Circle members?"

"I don't know. It might be kind of personal. We have a complicated past. But of course, he could be going after the old crew. I'm sure Valentine has a grudge against anybody who turned against him."

"We'll put extra wards on the Institute."

"Right, for Hodge."

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"Renee, do you have a minute?"

"Alec, I'm sorry about your parents, you know that I love them as if they were my own but..."

"Look, I... I know. The law is hard, but it's the law, and I respect that. But I've realized that... I have to listen to my heart."

"Let's not forget where that got me last time. Following you and Jace into Pandemonium no bow and arrow. Just my hands and a saraph blade." Renee said as she took Alec's hands in hers.

"I know, when we got back and you where struck by a demon, I though that you wouldn't wake up. The next day you were walking about the Institute like it never happened."

"After that you came rushing to me and kissed me infront of everyone, including your mother, and told everyone that you had fallen madly in love with a girl who had pierce your heart like an arrow to a target."

"I will always love the girl who can beat me in archery, tell me when my heart is in the right place and when I myself am in the wrong.

"But, that's not what I wanted to talk to you about. My mother loves you as if you were her own. You are the only person next to Jace that my mother had any real respect for. I will one day be head of this Institute. I was wondering if you wanted to run it with?"

Before she could even answer Alec kept talking, "I'm not just asking if you want to run it with me, I'm asking you if all those talks about forever and a day mean something more then just that. Words. Will you spend the rest of our forever together and marry me, Alexander Gideon Lightwood?" Alec was now on his knee looking at the love of his life. Hope filled his eyes as he looked at her.

A/N: I skipped so much, but I'm happy that I finally got this posted.

What do you think will happen?