(10)

Renee's Wedding dress

"Izzy, have you seen my necklace? I can't find it." Renee said trying to find the necklace Alec had given her after she got back from Idris.

"I'm sure I can find it for you. Do you have the gift you're going to give to Alec?" Izzy asked.

"Yeah, it's on my nightstand," Renee said putting on her heels before taking one last look in the mirror.

"You are going to blow him away," Izzy said.

"I'm just sorry that Max isn't going to be here to see it."

"You know that with Valentine around..."

"We need to take measures into our own hands an protect those that we love most. I know. I just thought that when Alec and I got married, it would be at home in Idris, my parents there to see me get married. I know they approve of Alec i just-"

"Renee it's just nerves. You'll be okay, Shadowhunters never crack under pressure."

*A few moments later*

Alec stood at the top of the alter watching the guests arrive seeing some familiar faces including two faces the reminded him of Renee, her parents. Alec had taken the liberty in sending them an invitation, knowing Renee would want them there. Her father's approval of him meant the most to her.

"So you must be the man marrying my daughter?" Renee's father said.

Looking at Renee's parents, he could tell that Renee looking more like her mom, same hair, and eye color but guessing from Mr. Goldstorms question Renee and her dad had the same personality.

"Yes, sir." He said.

"It's okay Alec, I'm not some downworlder you need to interrogate,  treat my little girl well and we won't have a problem son." He said tapping Alec on the back.

Renee's father acted like some mundane dad telling men to stay away from their daughters in teenage movies from what Renee had always told him, she wasn't wrong.

Alec looked at Renee's parents one last time before they went to sit down.

"All right, you're ready for this?" Jace asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be. I'm glad your here with me." He said before Jace moved to fix his suit jacket.

"Wouldn't be anywhere else," Jace said back.

The room settled down before Brother Jeremiah danged his stick against the marble floor, "Attention. The ceremony is about to commence."

Alec saw Izzy walk out in her gold silk dress holding a pillow with the gift that Renee would be giving to him. As Izzy got closer Alec's nerves started to rise before he saw a silver stiletto heel peak out from the door before seeing Renee in her dress.

She looked like an angel, her smile just for him, his nerves calming before feeling like he couldn't breathe, it was like he could hear his heart beating in his ears. He saw Renee look towards where her parents sat before seeing her eyes shine brighter.

 He saw Renee look towards where her parents sat before seeing her eyes shine brighter

Alec reached out for her hand helping her up to the altar. She gave Alec one long last look before reaching back for the ring on the pillow, something so mundane and yet so Renee at the same time.

Alec held out his hand as Renee slid the band into place.

Alec then reached back before Renee saw it, her gold bow necklace, being taken from the pillow to be placed around her neck once again.

"I get to do it right this time," Alec said under his breath putting the gold chain around her neck.

"It is time for Alec Lightwood and Renee Goldstorm to mark each other with the Wedded Union rune. A rune on the hand, a rune on the heart, a union is born." Brother Jeremiah said, his voice booming in the room.

Renee reached for her stele before placing it into the crystal before taking Alec's hand in her's.

Magnus walked into the room before seeing Maryse get out of her seat to walk up to him, Magnus said something to her.

"You don't have to Alec," Renee said.

Alec looked at her, he knew Renee loved him, so much and he loved her back. This wedding wasn't about Valentine, or the war waging outside the doors of the institute, it was about him and Renee.

He nodded towards Renee, "I want to." He said nodding before Renee pressed the stele into his wrist sealing his marriage to her without looking back, without looking at Magnus.

Alec moved taking the stele that Jace held in the pillow before following Renee, drawing the rune on her wrist, Renee stepped closer to him before he smiled at her reaching down cradling her face in his hand. Renee pulled him into her before pressing her lips to his kissing him.

They were married now, it really would be him and Renee against the world together.

A/N: So I made the wedding its own chapter, I hope you all like it. Tell me what you thought and what you think will happen next. And yes, there is plenty more to come now that there is one more episode of season 1 for me to finish up writing for.