(09)

Jace's P.O.V.

"What were you talking to Magnus about Ray?" I asked.

"What are you asking me, Jace? What do you think I could be doing?" She said walking away.

"I heard what you said to Magnus. Alec's son? That Alec doesn't know." I said pulling her in closer by her wrist.

"I'm not pregnant if that's what you were wondering. But I was, I traveled to another dimension not long after I left. It was like a dream.

"You've traveled to other dimensions Jace, you know what it does. I went into one where my life is parallel to the one I have here. Alec and I have, had a son. Magnus knew about it before I came back from Idris. I wanted to tell Alec but Magnus told me not to.

"Mine and Alec's son died Jace and Magnus' knew. He was trying to help but it only caused more harm than good." She said leaning in closer to me.

"Ray, I'm sorry. But you don't have to tell Alec-"

"Yes, Jace I do. I know you're not on speaking terms but I have to tell Alec. It's his child and he has every right to know. We can talk more about it after the wedding but for now... for now, just let me think of a way to tell him what may happen before it does."

I nodded not really agreeing with the way Renee wanted to do things. It was her life and her chose but that didn't mean I couldn't ask Magnus what really happened.

I know I shouldn't go behind her back but I had too. To make sure that whatever was eating Renee alive would pass.

*Magnus' Apartment*

"Magnus!" I yelled. I saw him walk out holding a glass of wine.

"What can I do for you shadowhunter? If it's about your warlock, I can't find you another one. Ragnor Fell was your last hope and you blew it." Magnus said.

"I'm not here to talk about that. I want to know what you meant when you said that Alec has, had a son?" I said before Magnus turned to look at me in the eyes

"Where did you hear that?" He asked.

"From Renee, and you?"

"Well if Renee told you I suppose some more information is inclined to you. While Renee was working for the Clave, quite briefly shall I add they were testing something on shadowhunters. So they sent Renee into another dimension, one where she had a life parallel to this one, there just was no Valentine.

"She got sucked in too deep. She saw her life with Alec if they were truly happy is what she told me. She and Alec had a son. It wasn't much longer until they found out that their son was very sick. She never found out what happened to him-"

"Why?"

"They took her out of the dimension before she could find out if he was going to survive. After they took her out, she was so heartbroken. She left her sick son and husband. The Clave gave her to me so I could watch over her. She's been doing well. She's with Alec and very happy from what she tells me." Magnus said.

"So what you're telling me is that the Clave is torturing shadowhunters and then sending them back into there normal lives?"

"Not exactly. There's something more to it. I just don't know what. Give her some time Jace." Magnus said.

Jace nodded before going to the door to leave.

"Magnus. Thank you." He said.

"I don't know what I'd be without people like you in my life Jace," Magnus said

A few hours before.

*The Institute*

Alec's P.O.V.

"Ready, just a couple more steps. We're almost there." Izzy said leading me down what I think is a set of steps somewhere.

"Alright, Izzy," I said.

"You trust me, don't you?" She said.

"No, not really. And I told you I don't need a bachelor party." I said.

"You need this one." She said.

"Now, count to five and then take your blindfold off." She said as I heard she heels get quieter.

"Really, Izzy...Seriously?" I said before I took it off to see... Jace. Great, just what I didn't want.

"Izzy said you wanted to talk?" He said.

"I don't know what she thought I wanted to say," I said.

"Great. I guess I'll go. I've got work to do anyway... Damn it, Izzy. You know what, she is right, we do need to talk." He said.

"Okay. Well, it's my bachelor party. So, you go first." I said.

"I don't know how things got so messed up between us. I know with Renee back things should be better, not worse. But I do know that my life has been a lot harder not having you to talk to." He said.

"Mine, too." I interrupted.

"I know it seems like I've been making a lot of crazy choices lately. And I know that you think I was only thinking of myself... and Clary. And I wasn't thinking about the consequences of anyone else. All I can say is. I've been going through a lot. But I only did what I thought was right Alec. But I never wanted to hurt you or Renee. I'm sorry." he continued before stopping.

"I know. You  know, we just... got caught up in all this drama." I said.

"Yeah. I mean... Your getting married to Renee tomorrow." He said with a slight smile on his face.

"And Clary's your sister. You know, what's up with that?" I asked.

"Hell. Yeah, uh, don't even get me started on that... I kissed her."

"Mmmh."

"It's worse. I wanted her... I was falling in love with her. I must be sick or something. I don't know."

"No, Nah. You're not sick. The situation's just... It's confusing. And trust me. I know. It's just that, you know, you have this plan for your life... right, and you know what you need to do and what your responsibilities are. And you think, you know "You follow all the rules and everything is going to be fine." And then somebody comes along and pushed you off that path. You just..."I said and I just couldn't help think of Renee and Magnus. Magnus was pushing me off my course. But then again Renee did that every day of my life. She was unexpected, she knew me, knew that I wasn't the same without her in my life.

Renee was pushing me off that path, but I still got to my destination. It wasn't the destination I was trying to reach but the journey Renee and I were on would help make me into who I always wanted to be. A better brother, a better parabatai, and a better husband. Husband. That's a new one.

"Hey... I get it. Girls like Renee and Clary aren't what either of us expected."

"The point is we're shadowhunters. Emotions can get in the way sometimes and that doesn't mean that there not worth it, it's just that when we give into them we have to be careful. And if you get kicked off that path. You have to focus and find your way back."

"I mean. You still have to be true to your self."

"I am. I'm marrying the love of my life tomorrow. Look, would you be my suggenes and give me away tomorrow?"

"Alec, if this is what you really want? Then I'd be honored. I'm always going to be there for you."

"Me, too."

A/N: The wedding is the next chapter. I know I've been M.I.A. but I've been working on other stories at the same time and I haven't had time to update this one as much as I would like too. Keep voting and commenting! I'll try to update as soon as I can from now on.