Chapter 1

- Katy -

My phone started blasting on my bed beside me.  I quickly grabbed it and looked at the caller I.D.  It was my best friend, Christina, aka Chrissy, Jones.  

"Hey Chrissy!" I exclaimed in a cheery voice.

"Hi Katy!" she replied, unusually highly happy.

"What's up? You seem very happy," I chuckled.

"Guess what I just bought!" she squealed with over-excitement.

"What?" I asked.

"TICKETS TO GO SEE JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!!!" she SHRILLED.

She screamed so loud, I thought my ears would explode.  My heart sank.  I really hate Justin Bieber.  He's just another boy that happens to have gotten famous, and now practically a billion girls are drooling over him.  In my eyes, he's another Hollywood player.  He's conceited and selfish.  He doesn't even have a good voice.  I hope Chrissy doesn't make me go with her.

"Do I have to go?" I wined.

"Of course you're going! You're my best friend! Don't be such a hater," she sternly said.

I let out a big sigh.  "Chrissy, you know how much I hate him. I'm not going."

"Too late, two tickets were already bought. C'mon Katy. I spent a lot of money on these tickets. You wouldn't want to live with the fact that your best friend spent $275 just for your ticket. Front row is hard to get, you know," she pleaded.

$275 for one front row seat?  Whoa, that is just ridiculous.  I sighed, knowing that I would have to go to make her happy.  "Fine" I mumbled.

"Yay!" she squealed with delight.  "The concert starts at 7:00, Friday night. I'll pick you up around 6:30?"

"Okay. I gotta go now," I lied.

"Oh okay. Bye Katy!" she replied.

"Bye," I mumbled and hung up.

I'm getting to see Justin Bieber in 5 days.  Oh joy.

** Friday night **

I looked in the mirror and admired the clothes I was wearing.  Simply a black tank top with some skinny jeans and black and white converse.  I quickly straightened my semi-long medium dark brown hair.  I think I was ready to go to the concert, even though I'm not excited at all for it.  I heard a car horn beep outside, and glanced out my window.  It was Chrissy.  I skipped downstairs and tried to slip out the door without my mom questioning me.

"Katelyn Marie Mantell, where are you going?" a stern voice called from behind me.

It was my mom.  I cursed under my breath and turned around to face her.  She hated me going out, especially if I didn't tell her about it, which I didn't.  "Um, to a concert with Chrissy," I said quietly.

"Why haven't I heard about this?! Whose concert is it?" her loud voice boomed across the house.

"She bought the tickets last minute, I'm highly surprised she got them," I lied, trying to avoid the question of 'Whose concert is it?'

"Fine. But whose concert is it?!" she almost angrily asked.

I stared at the ground.  I felt my mom's piercing eyes staring at me.  

"Don't make me repeat myself a third time," she commanded.

"Why do you need to know?!" I blurted out.

"Oh excuse me for making sure my daughter is going to see a decent singer perform and not some r-rated adult band!" she yelled.

"Mom, I'm 17! I'm graduating highschool sooner than later. You can't keep being overprotective too much longer!"  I yelled back.  Anger quickly filled me.

"Until the day you turn 18, I can be as overprotective as I want! I'm your mother! I want to know the answer right now, or I will go out there and ask Christina herself," my mom snapped.

I felt my face get warm as I whispered "Justin Bieber."

My mom looked at me, puzzled.  "I thought you hated him?" she asked.

"It's a long story. I still hate him, don't jump to conclusions," I quickly said.  I grabbed my cell phone and ran out to Chrissy's car before my mom could say anything else.

"Hey what happened? I heard shouting," Chrissy asked once I got in the car.

I frowned.  "Just drive."

We got to the stadium and there was a HUGE crowd of girls outside, waiting to get in.  Chrissy and I got out of the car and she started pulling me towards the stadium.  We pushed through the crowds and eventually got inside.  Chrissy gave our tickets to a muscular man standing at a ticket booth type thing.  He nodded and we walked into the main area where all the seats were.  

"We're Row 1, Seats 7 and 8," Chrissy informed me as we passed lots of other girls.  

This stadium was really packed.  Chrissy and I took our seats, and I looked over at her.  She was like bouncing up and down in her seat.  She absolutely loves Justin Bieber, like mega obsessed.  She used to talk about him all day when we talked, but recently I made a "rule" stating that she can only talk about him twice a day in front of me.  Just hearing the name "Justin Bieber" makes me cringe.  Suddenly, the lights in the stadium dimmed, the stage had a bunch of lights shone down on it, and everyone began screaming.  Then, Jordin Sparks walked onto the stage.  I'm assuming opening act?

"Hey everybody! How are you doing tonight?" she shouted into the microphone, all cheery.  The whole crowd screamed.  

Jordin Sparks is a pretty good singer.  Her music is good.  At least I can enjoy some part of my night.  Jordin ended up singing a few of her older songs and some of her newer ones.  My favorite by her is "No Air," which lucky for me she sang.  No Chris Brown though.

"Aaaaaaaaaand here's the moment all you Beliebers have been waiting for!!" Jordin said with a smile and exited the stage.  

Everyone screamed their heads off, louder than ever before.  I just leaned back in my seat and shut my eyes.  I heard something fall onto the floor, but I assumed I was hallucinating, or it was something that belonged another girl.  After all, there were like fifty girls just around Chrissy and I.  I opened my eyes back up and there he came, walking out onto the stage.  "I love you Justin!" was heard throughout the stadium.  I rolled my eyes.  He sang most of his songs. "Baby," "Somebody To Love," "One Time," "Runaway Love," "Favorite Girl," "Love Me," "Never Say Never," "U Smile," and "That Should Be Me."  (Don't ask how I know all the names. You learn too much from Chrissy.)  Is he going to do that cheesy "One Less Lonely Girl" thing tonight?  I looked over at Chrissy, and she looked like she was having the time of her life.  She should get picked to be the "One Less Lonely Girl."  Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder, kind of roughly.  I turned around, ready to say a smart ass comment, but standing before me was I think Justin's mom, Pattie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: So I decided to start writing a story and to post it on here! What do you think? It'll get better, trust me. :)