Chapter 7

- Katy -

After I excused myself out of Chrissy's room, I ran to the bathroom and threw up, multiple times.  I don't feel good at all.  It has to be because of my mom.  She probably made my stomach get all upset.  To be honest, after she beat me, I felt nauseous and lightheaded, but I didn't tell Justin about it.  I didn't want him to worry, since he was already in enough pain seeing me bloody and bruised.  I'm currently downstairs drinking some water to get this horrible taste out of my mouth.  Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.  Absentmindedly, I went over and opened it up, but now I'm regretting that, because standing before me was my mother.

"You can't run from me, I know all your hiding spots," she snickered, her nose stained with dried blood still.  "You thought you could run to your pop star boyfriend and everything would be fine. Honey, that's not reality."

I tried to run back to the staircase, but my mom grabbed my waist.  "Justin! Chrissy!" I screamed at the top of my lungs while my mom pulled me out of the house.  Oh God, no.

- Justin -

Chrissy and I walked to the bathroom, but the door was open and no one was in it.  "Where else could she-," I started to say, but I was cut off by a loud scream.

"Justin! Chrissy!" a girl shouted, and I immediately knew who it was.  Katy.

Chrissy and I looked at each other then made a run for the staircase.  We ran down the stairs, and the front door was open.  I ran outside with Chrissy behind me and we saw Katy getting shoved into a car by her mother.

"Oh God no!" Chrissy whispered loudly.

Katy made eye contact with me and she mouthed "help me!"  Katy's mom got into the car and it started up.

"We're going to have to run, there's no other choice! My limo driver can't get here in a blink!" I shouted while I started running towards Katy's car.

"Justin, wait! I have a car!" Chrissy yelled to me.

"It'll seem suspicious if her mom sees a car following her, plus her mom knows what your car looks like!" I screamed back.  Chrissy then sighed but knew we had no other option but to run.

I ran faster than the wind with Chrissy a bit behind.  I never even knew I could run this fast.  The headlights started to get more ahead of us every second.  

"Faster!" I shouted, and Chrissy was soon beside me.  The headlights came back into good view.  We ran for about eight more minutes, then the car pulled into Katy's house's driveway.  Chrissy and I ran behind a bush.  She was breathing so heavily and my legs felt like pudding.  

"I bet we both just lost ten pounds" I said with a chuckle.

Chrissy looked at me with a "seriously?" look.  "My best friend may be getting abused again soon and you're just sitting here cracking jokes. You're a nice boyfriend," she said, the last part sarcastically, and rolled her eyes.

I sighed.  "I'm just trying to make you laugh," I said in an apologetic tone.

"Are you kidding me? Now's not the time," she said, sternly.  This is the first time I've seen Chrissy be serious.

"Sorry," I shyly said.  I guess yeah, it was wrong.  We peeked over the bush to see Katy getting pulled out of the car by her mom.

"This is the last time you run away from me, bitch," she shouted and slapped Katy's face.  I cringed whenever her mom's hand hit her face.  Anger started to fill me quickly.

- Katy -

"Mom, please don't!" I pleaded, but she didn't listen.  She started to push me inside the house, and I quickly looked around.  Neither Justin nor Chrissy were anywhere in sight.  I blinked back my tears as my mom pushed me into the house.