Chapter 19

Author's note: There's moderate swearing in this chapter; I apologize!  I didn't really want this chapter to be full of swearing but it's like the only good way to express true anger.  I hardly ever swear in real life so it was kinda weird to write all this.  Anyway, enjoy this long, drama filled chapter!  Small spoiler: today just wasn't Katy's day...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Katy -

"I can't believe I'm leaving New York," I said to Justin as I stuffed things in my duffel bag.  It's the next morning, 6 AM, and Justin and I are packing for Atlanta.  Ben is supposed to meet us at the airport, as well as Chrissy so she can say goodbye.  We're up so early because we also have to go back to my house before leaving to gather the rest of my things.  I'm really nervous about it.  But Kenny is coming with us, so we'll hopefully be safe.  Kenny doesn't know about my mom though, so it was a little weird to him when Justin asked him if he could come along to my house with us, but he agreed anyway.

"Everything's going to be fine, babe," Justin reassured me.  He walked over to me and kissed my forehead.

I sighed.  "But this is where I was born, where I've lived all my life, where my best friend is and is going to stay. It's hard to leave all of a sudden," I said using a sad tone.

He sat down on the bed and patted the spot next to him.  I sat down beside him.  "I fully know what you mean. I was devastated when I had to leave Canada to pursue my career. I had to leave all my friends and family. It wasn't easy at all. I was honestly crying a little on the plane. But I knew if I didn't leave, I wouldn't be where I am today. If I didn't go with Scooter, I would still be singing at various places in Stratford. And trust me, you won't regret coming to Atlanta after a few weeks," he explained and finished with a smile.

I smiled.  "You always have ways to make me feel better about a situation."

"I'm your boyfriend, that's what I'm here for," he said and hugged me.

I stood up as did Justin and we continued to pack.  Ugh, packing really sucks, doesn't it?  When we finished, I cringed a little.  "It's time to see my house one more time," I nervously said.

"We should get going or else we're going to miss our plane," Justin said as he looked at his watch.  "Plane leaves at eight-thirty and it's already seven. It takes twenty minutes to get to your house from here, then thirty minutes to get to the airport from your house, plus, who knows what we're going to get into with your mom."

"Crap, we better get going then," I replied.

"I'll go get Kenny, go ahead out back to the limo," he said as he knocked on the connector door.

Suddenly, I felt a strange feeling in my mind.  For some odd reason, I feel like something bad is going to happen to me soon since Justin's not going to be with me.  I shook my thoughts off, thinking that I must be going crazy.  I grabbed my duffel bag, and started to walk to the back of the hotel.  A few tears slipped out of my eyes because I was just thinking about having to leave Chrissy.

"Why's a pretty girl like you walkin' all alone early in the mornin' to the back of a hotel with tears runnin' down her face and bags in her hands?" a deep, southern, and unfamiliar voice said from behind me.  I tried to ignore whoever it was, and I walked faster.  The person grabbed my arms and turned me around.  "Boyfriend leave you? That's a shame, y'all so pretty," the person said.  I looked at him.  He has dark like skin and he looks like he's in his late twenties.

"No, I'm perfectly fine, excuse me now," I quickly said and tried to walk away, but he grabbed me and pulled me back.

"Come on, don't try to struggle. I just wanna have some fun with y'all," he said, evil like, as he pushed me against the closest wall to us.