FwB Chapter 3: Banana Pancakes

She was hot. It was really, really hot.

Pulling her collar and bow tie away from her neck, Haruka reveled at the cool air that entered her dress shirt. She had no doubt that her face was red and blushing from the sights that she remembered on that still familiar night. As the music drew to a close she looked up at Michiru and smiled widely, getting up along with everyone and clapped. They shared a glance before the violinist took her bow, the noise rising in octave as well as length.

She took a mental note to do this again...attend another concert. Because, just as everything Michiru did, to feel it in person was most definitely better. As said girl left the stage, the crowd inside the symphony hall began dispersing. She kept rooted to her spot noticing around her that the familiar and more prominent people that attended were also the only ones staying. Well, the get together afterwards was the main reason for the event.

"Tenoh-san, very surprising to see someone like you here," an elderly woman greeted as she approached the blonde.

Haruka took a bow. "It's a pleasure to meet you again Shoji-san. I take it your company's doing fine?"

The old woman scoffed. "My daughter's taking it over for me now...I only go in when my arthritis and migraines aren't keeping me at home. Unlike you though she's helpless when it comes to the family trade. She can't arrange flowers for her life."

Haruka nodded and smiled, but inwardly gave a sigh and roll of the eye. She hated these little events only for this reason. Michiru might've thought that enticing her with the presence of new or interested clients was the reason why she came here, but she truly just wanted to hear good music. And if she were to give up a couple million yen for that good music, she would...not to mention the one giving the music life was...dazzling to say the least.

God it was still so hot in the room.

"So I didn't catch the location where the gala will take place in," she stated talking again to Shoji Shiko.

A broad shouldered, middle aged man came to stand beside her company making her yellow brows go up in skepticism.

"The Regency Restaurant," the old woman answered and gave an uncaring look at her bodyguard that had just appeared. "Would you care to sit next to an old woman? It won't seem so lonely."

The blonde smiled uneasily. "I'm not really sure how long I'll be staying there. The music is all I really came for..."

Shiko looked at her in clear surprise. "Well I thought you came because of Kaioh Shinji's interest in buying a new home. Score a few pointers with the daughter, get her to introduce you to her father, and there you go...a new client!"

Haruka laughed inwardly. Oh she was definitely getting more than a few pointers from Kaioh Shinji's daughter, but this bit of information was hardly a surprise for her. "No, I didn't realize Kaioh-san was interested actually. If he is I guess I can give a few hints to his daughter about it."

She smirked. That was something she definitely would not be doing tonight.

A fray of claps emitted from the people around her as she turned to see the violinist coming through the backstage entrance. She wore a pleased smile in her face as she addressed everyone, giving the blonde a little more attention than she gave the others.

"The charity benefit is going to be at the Regency. I hope all of you can take a little bit more of your time tonight to attend. There will also be patients, doctors, nurses, and researchers there from Ogikubo Hospital which was the main aim of this event. My manager and I will see you there. We will be situated at the far left island so instruct the gondola coordinator and he will be sure to take you there." Michiru gave a warm smile and left with Shizuka beside her, disappearing once again into the backstage area.