FwB Chapter 12: Their Haven

"Why can't you answer my question first?" Jiro stood up from his sitting position and walked towards her, a heavy frown laced on his features as well. But she would not yield. Not when he walked towards her, nor when he was well within her comfort zone.

Michiru bit down the nervousness she felt at his too close proximity, but locked eyes with his onyx ones nonetheless, looking every bit the powerful woman he's grown to see within the last month that she hadn't shown prior to it.

"You are the one who trespassed in my condominium Jiro," she stated evenly and with a bit of warning in her voice. Her hands curled into balls of anger at the mere sight of him in her condominium…definitely uninvited and even more so, the fact that he had the gall to intrude. "So I'll ask again…what are you doing here?"

He didn't answer her at once, the air around them beginning to clot heavily.

"As far as I remember, I never gave you a key to my home," the violinist said steely, her eyes reflecting the anger her body language was in the brink of showing. "So why you're in here now interrogating me about where I've been all day is kind of…laughable."

"I've been calling all day," the red haired man seethed, the anger in his voice evident. "I called first thing in the morning to remind you that we had plans and younever called back!"

Confusion passed through Michiru's eyes for a moment before nonchalance with a touch of irritation settled over it once again. "I had other important things to handle…" she only stated off handedly and kept her defiant stance.

The tall man gave an obviously sarcastic laugh. "You had more important things you had to take care of today other than the meeting our parents had decided more than a week back?"

The violinist only smiled and nodded. "Yes, I did. It may not be something important to you, but to me—

"Care to tell me what it is?" he asked mockingly.

The young woman's smile slid off as their eyes met again. "I don't have to tell you anything Jiro." She noted the tightness of his clamped jaw, his stiff posture, and angry, black eyes, but seeing as she was being completely honest to herself, she found that she didn't care, nor was she worried much.

"Has it dawned on you yet that we'll be married in a matter of months?" he asked incredulously.

Her eyebrows stitched into an exasperated frown as a wry and sarcastic smile etched her features. "Which means what?"

"What do you want me to do so you can like me more Michiru?" he cried loudly. Sapphire eyes widened a bit at the sudden question. "I hate it…that I can't get to you. There's always this wall between us and you can't fault me for not trying hard within these last several weeks. I've been trying to make you like me or at least take interest in me and you…" Jiro laughed sardonically, scratching his head in frustration. "You…don't give a damn…"

"What do you like about me?"

She could tell the question took him aback…because it was a relatively easy question, but at the same time it wasn't…and she knew it. She locked eyes with him for a moment before walking passed him and sitting on the dining table, waiting for him to join her.

With his back still turned towards her, she asked again, "What do you like about me? Why are you trying so hard in this endeavor when it's already set in stone anyway?"

He sighed tiredly at her question and turned towards her, his onyx eyes showing his returning frustrations. "No," he stated silently. "The question should be whyyou're making it harder."

The angry look in Michiru's face had disappeared, and in its place was that of clear nonchalance. She merely shrugged and stated, "I'm not making it harder…I'm simply showing that I don't care…because I don't…care…about this marriage, about Kaioh-Miroku…about a lot of things that's tied with the Kaioh name."