FwB Chapter 10: Inevitable Meeting

One month had passed by in relative calm…and Yoshiko was doing her best not to do something that would "accidentally" make her daughter and ex-lover somehow meet. They hadn't seen one another since that night in Lunaire and since then, she and Haruka haven't spoken about Michiru either. She had tried, but the blonde had evaded the topic like a plague, always with a grim look and a frown that would last the entire day…so the elder Tenoh decided not to press the matter anymore.

What her stubborn daughter didn't know though was that, she had kept in relative and close contact with Michiru…a piece of information she wouldn't know until the time presented itself. Nevertheless, it had only been recently that Haruka had finally taken a break from her work schedule of Monday to Sunday from eight in the morning to God knows what time of night.

The first week after the incident at Lunaire had probably been the worst. It was obvious that her daughter had been mourning in isolation, the bags under her eyes and the way they were so obviously bloodshot only two of the many ways Yoshiko could see that that the blonde hated the way everything ended for her and Michiru.

Whoever said that, "Time healed all wounds" had a point though. Only recently had she finally began to see her daughter smile again—not exactly the way she had been before, but getting there. But when the tomboy didn't think she was looking and she was, Yoshiko could see her stare into the distance in board meetings with the most melancholic look in her face. She could clearly see the hidden pain there, the anguish and desperation that tormented her daughter inside, but wouldn't show in the face of others. And just as easily as it had come, it would pass with a momentary, but tight shutting of the eyes or a hard swallow. Emeralds would meet the same pools of asking emeralds and Haruka would simply smile and look away again, towards the topic concerning their board meeting this time.

She was trying to get over it…and Yoshiko didn't want her to. Because both of them, although too stubborn to see it, were still completely in love with one another regardless of the fact that they hadn't seen each other at all within the last month. She just hoped something…something would finally happen to wake both of them up from their continued reverie. She realized she could be that something, but frowned at the thought of being the one to bring them back together.

Maybe it was the only way left…

As she headed up the elevator alone, she placed a finger over her temple and pressed it lightly. What could she do…?

"Chairman," Yuki greeted and she answered with a stoic smile when the elevator finally reached its destination in her office's lobby. "A letter came for either you or your daughter."

She took the nondescript letter from her secretary's hand and looked at the last name Tenoh in the middle of the envelope and no return address. As soon as curiosity got the best of her, she cut it open with a letter opener and pulled what was inside: two tickets to a show and tell regarding Michiru's new album before its release the following week.

She frowned momentarily in confusion. The aqua haired woman hadn't said anything about this, but maybe opted to surprise her?

"Anything important?" her daughter asked suddenly from behind making her shove the tickets back in the envelope where they came from.

She turned around to Haruka's asking glance as she looked at the envelope in her hands. "I'm not sure," she answered and gave a smile to a suspicious look that her daughter now sported. "I'll have to check up on it."

She headed to her office, the room adjacent to her daughter's, and closed the door behind her, leaving the blonde to look after her with the same curious glance. Inside the relative safety of her office, she reached into her pocket for her phone and dialed Michiru's personal number immediately.