FwB Chapter 9: Dinner at Lunaire

The waiter had quelled the bit of storm in the table for a little bit when he noticed the arrival of someone new, but just as important, in Michiru's table. The elder female Tenoh took the menu from his waiting hand and let her go back to eating in silence, looking down at the menu in the meantime.

Michiru couldn't help, but wonder where this was going to go and kind of crushed the fear that it wasn't going to go real well. If anything, she could stand her own against the tomboy's mother…if she were here to state her utter disgust on what her opinions were of her and her daughter's past relationship. But as she looked at the imposing figure of the wizened CEO and saw the same sparkling emerald eyes and crown of blonde hair, she couldn't help, but think that to be in the gracious side of the older woman was where she wanted to be in the most. Haruka had stated out loud that her mother and her were close, and if only for that fact did the violinist want to get to know the young CEO's mother as well.

Not sure on how to start off what she was thinking would be a pretty long night of conversations for the both of them, she stated, "I trust your company's meet and greet went finely last night without Haruka?"

Dark green eyes looked up at her from the menu, a smile flittering across Yoshiko's face. "That girl…when she's already thought of doing something, nothing can stop her."

Michiru gave an outward smile at such a thing only a mother could say.

"But yes…it was highly successful. It should be the catalyst of many joint partnerships in the future." The elder Tenoh thumbed through the menu once again before continuing, "And I trust your galleria last night was also successful?"

The violinist nodded. "A lot of paintings were sold so yes, it was a pretty good night overall…business-wise."

The two of them locked eyes, the staring of familiar emerald pools making Michiru miss Haruka's presence more than before.

When the waiter finally came back, Yoshiko had merely pointed at Michiru's dinner and said she wanted that, as well as passing Jiro's almost uneaten plate back. He gave a small nod and left them alone again.

Looking out into the pristine waters of Tokyo, Yoshiko with her arms propped before her gave a smile of serenity before stating, "I've always taken a liking to classical music."

The sudden turn of conversation and the way she wasn't staring in scrutiny back made the violinist look at her that much easier. Hearing the familiar orchestra in the background and figuring that was the catalyst of the almost random statement, she asked politely, "Is that where Haruka got her curiosity from?"

The older woman chuckled at her memories. "When she turned seven, I forced piano lessons on her." Michiru smiled at the way the blonde's mother's eyes sparkled as she revisited her past. "By that time she was already so into boys' clothes…I didn't know what to do to make her girlier. My husband proposed some musical training with what he thought was the girliest instrument that could sway Haruka to the gender she was born with: the flute."

Michiru for the life of her, couldn't stop the chuckle from coming out as she pictured an arrogant Haruka now, playing a flute…

"Yes…very uncharacteristic isn't it?" Yoshiko asked as she smiled at the other woman's relaxed features. "So we started with the flute…and of course Haruka-chan simply gaped at it…and then at us and thought outright that we were crazy. We hired the best instructor in all of Japan to teach her, but she had such a knack of hiding in the best places in the estate, that the instructor basically gave up waiting on her after his fourth visit which would still be considered Haruka-chan's first lesson.

"So he left…and she never picked up the flute unless she wanted to play with it like a sword…and after a while we thought, let her pick something she would be a little curious at…and then just smack her with it. Plan lesson after lesson that she'd grow tired and sick of the instrument just so that a once a week lesson with a flute sounded much better than a five days a week lesson with her decision." Yoshiko sighed as she shared a mirth of a smile with the violinist. "Well that goes to show that we can't underestimate our children.